Official Number: 99555
Yard Number: 472
Gross Tonnage: 144
Net Tonnage: 30
Length: 106.0 ft
Breadth: 20.6 ft
Depth: 10.8 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by N.E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
Boiler: J. T. Eltringham & Co, South Shields
Built: Hepple & Co Ltd, North Shields
2.11.1891: Launched by Hepple & Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.472) for George Beeching, Hull (managing owner) as BURMAH.
9.2.1892: Registered at Hull (H185).
1.1897: Sold to Kelsall Brothers & Beeching Ltd, Manchester (John E. A. Kelsall & George Beeching, Fleetwood, managers).
25.9.1896: In the morning, when some 25 miles S of Old Head of Kinsale, picked up eight crew of the Cape Clear Island fishing lugger, St. COLUMBA (S101)(40tons/1885) fishing out of Glendore, Co. Cork, which had foundered at 2.00am. carrying some 3,000 mackerel. In evening landed survivors at Queenstown, Co. Cork.
1.1897: Hull registry closed.
13.1.1897: Registered at Fleetwood (FD148).
1899: Transferred to Hull.
4.4.1899: Registered at Hull (H86).
12.5.1899: Fleetwood registry closed.
13.4.1905: Lengthened 119.0 ft 168g 63n.
13.4.1905: Hull registry closed on lengthening and re-opened as (H86).
8.9.1911: Registered office transferred to Hull (George Beeching, Hull & John E. A. Kelsall, London, managers).
10.1914: Requisitioned for war service, appointed as a minesweeper.
11.1914: Returned to owner.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
7.6.1919: John Slater, London, appointed manager.
18.12.1923: On North Sea grounds. Received a signal believed from WREN (H215) which foundered, but unable to proceed in blizzard conditions.
23.12.1923: Arrived in Hull without funnel and part of wheelhouse, damage sustained in recent severe weather conditions.
1.1924: Laid up without repair.
1924: Sold for breaking up.
6.5.1924: Hull registry closed “Sold to Shipbreakers”.
Click to enlarge image
18/05/2012: Page created. 5 revisions since then.
08/10/2014: Picture added.
19/08/2016: Information added.
29/08/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.