Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow and Douglas Paterson
Official Number: 143502
Yard Number: 369
Gross Tonnage 282
Net Tonnage: 110
Length: 128.5 ft
Breadth: 23.5 ft
Depth: 12.6 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Engine: 500ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Speed : 10.5 knots
13.9.1919: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.369) for Neale & West Ltd, Cardiff as HATSUSE.
4.3.1920: Registered at Cardiff (CF61).
3.1920: Completed (Wilfred Neale, Morley H. Neale & Joshua S. Neale, managers).
5.1927: Sold to Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Co (Grimsby) Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
20.5.1927: John Denton Marsden appointed manager.
5.1927: Cardiff registry closed.
20.5.1927: Registered at Grimsby (GY438).
5.7.1927: Registered at Grimsby as DAGON (GY438) (BoT Minute M/R.G.1256/1927 dated 27.6.1927).
29.6.1927: Owners re-styled Consolidated Fisheries Ltd, Grimsby (Sir John D. Marsden, Bart, manager).
30.11.1928: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Midland Bank Ltd (A).
31.12.1928: Capital expenditure on vessel during year £140.15.4d.
8.9.1934: Outward to Faroese fishing grounds in thick fog at about 9.00 a.m. stranded at Dundonnie Head, 31/2 miles from Peterhead. Crew launched boat to lay out kedge and under power tried to refloat but hawser parted. Drifted clear but ran aground in small landlocked channel. With great difficulty crew rescued by breeches buoy with lifeboat standing by.
12.9.1934: Suffered extensive bottom damage but refloated by Aberdeen salvage tug IRONAXE (296g/1916) and towed into Peterhead. Repaired.
26.8.1939: Requisitioned for war service appointed for minesweeping duties (Hire rate £91.13.0d/month).
26.9.1941: Mortgage (A) discharged.
3.10.1941: Sold to J. Marr & Son Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood for £14,500.
8.10.1941: Leslie James Marr designated manager.
23.7.1943; Typical landing, Home Waters. 670 kits – hake-280, cod/codling-70, flats-10, ling/coley-280, roker-30.
25.9.1945: Sold to A. J. Tilbrook Ltd (64/64), Milford Haven for £18,500.
10.10.1945: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Lloyds Bank Ltd, London (B).
11.10.1945: Arthur Ernest Rees, Neyland designated manager.
3.10.1948: In strong SE winds and thick fog ran aground on rocks in Ship Sound north of Slyne Head, Co Galway (Sk J. Garnham Jnr).
4.10.1948: Refloated under own power and proceeded to Limerick.
9.10.1948: Entered dry dock for temporary repairs.
1.1952: A. J. Tilbrook Ltd suspended operations; laid up.
23.2.1952: Mortgage (B) discharged.
11.3.1952: Sold to Devanha Fishing Co Ltd (64.64), Aberdeen.
20.3.1952: William Wood designated manager.
20.3.1952: Grimsby registry closed.
22.3.1952: Registered at Aberdeen (A710).
22.7.1952: Registered at Aberdeen as CASIMIR (A710) (MoT Minute R.G.No.1156/52 dated 14.7.1952).
1955: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Shipbreaking Industries Ltd for breaking up at Charlestown, Fife (Contract No.92D).
28.11.1955: Delivered Charlestown and breaking up commenced.
14.5.1956: Aberdeen registry closed “Vessel broken up.”
Click to enlarge images
16/05/2012: Page published. 6 revisions since then.
10/09/2014: Three pictures added.
19/02/2020: Updated information.