Additional information courtesy of Maurice Voss
Official Number: ????
Yard Number: 989
Gross Tonnage: 338
Net Tonnage: 137
Length: 138.8 ft
Breadth: 23.8 ft
Depth: 13.3 ft
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
18.11.1925: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.989) for Pickering & Haldane’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull as LORD WEIR.
28.1.1926: Registered at Hull (280).
28.1.1926: Completed (John McCann & Edward Cartwright, joint managers).
1929: Albert Turgoose & James Clark, appointed joint managers).
1938: Re measured 42,16 x 7,23 metres – 324.40Bgrt 112.64n.
7.1938: Sold to Pêcheries à Vapeur S.A., Ostend (John Bauwens, manager).
16.7.1938: Hull registry closed.
21.7.1938: Arrived at Ostend in company with LORD MOUNTBATTEN (H225 (GRAAF VAN VLAARDEREN (O92)).
27.7.1938: Registered at Ostend as PRINCE de LIÈGE (O83).
5.1940: Escaped to England with refugees.
6.1940: Transferred to Belgian Economic Mission, London. Fishing from Fleetwood.
23.9.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence vessel (P.No.Z.172).
12.1945: Returned to owner.
9.1946: At Antwerp rebuilt by Guthrie & Hursch with new bow section 148.2 feet – 375.36Bgrt 137n
T.3-cyl and boiler by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull.
18.9.1946: Returned to service after rebuild and Special Survey.
1951: Sailed for Hemiksem for conversion to a motor trawler.
1951: Re engined by St. Pieterswerf, Hemiksem with 4 stroke 6-cyl Carels oil engine 755bhp by Société d’Electricité et de Mécaniques, Ghent (Engine No.9663). Re measured 391.89 Bgrt 159.82n.
20.12.1951: Returned to service.
22.12.1962: Outward for Icelandic grounds. Stranded on Corn Holm Rock, Copinsay, Orkney in approx. position 58 54N 02 41.7W. Abandoned by crew and subsequently declared a Total Loss. Ostend registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
29/07/2013: Page published. 5 updates since then.
26/10/2015: Added 2 pictures.