S.T. Everton LO188


Official Number: 136242
Yard Number: 625
Completed: 1915
Gross Tonnage: 239
Net Tonnage: 90
Length: 116.0 ft
Breadth: 22.5 ft
Depth: 12.5 ft
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
Engine: T.3-cyl by Lidgerwood Ltd, Glasgow


21.12.1914: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.625) for The Great Northern Steamship Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as EVERTON.
22.4.1915: Registered at Hull (H297).
12.5.1915: Completed (Fred Smith, manager). Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.1515).
7.3.1918: Sold to The Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Hull (Joseph Vivian, manager). Based Peterhead.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Hull.
13.5.1920: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The London County Westminster & Parr’s Bank Ltd, London (A).
6.3.1923: Mortgagee re-styled as Westminster Bank Ltd, London.
22.10.1925: Robert Burton designated manager.
14.10.1927: Mortgage (A) transferred to William Augustus Hayward, Eastbourne.
14.10.1927: Mortgage (A) transferred to Mercantile Marine Finance Corporation Ltd, London. 16.9.1932: Charles Hugh Emerson designated manager.
10.1932: Mercantile Marine Finance Corporation Ltd in liquidation.
1.11.1932: Mortgage (A) transferred to Harold Frank Hayward, London; Maud Florence Katherine Rogers, Chelsea and Ernest Norton, London (Joint mortgagees).
1935: Insured value £3,200.
3.1936: Combined boxing and trawling fleet of Kelsall Bros. & Beeching Ltd and the Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd consisting of 59 vessels laid up at Hull (declining catches, coal bill and increased maintenance costs had made the venture uneconomical).
6.3.1936: At Extraordinary General Meeting at Hull, Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd placed in Creditors’ Voluntary Winding-up. Richard Field Helm of Messrs Hodgson Harris & Co, London appointed liquidator.
18.12.1936: Sold by order of the mortgagees under mortgage (A) to Heward Trawlers Ltd, London (Robert Scott Hewett & Harold Frank Hayward). Refurbished.
17.2.1937: Robert Scott Hewett designated manager.
29.12.1936: Hull registry closed.
31.12.1937: Registered at London (LO188).
2.12.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (Hire rate £65.14.6d/month).
18.1.1940: Returned to owner.
6.4.1940: Requisitioned for war service and employed on patrol duties and as a danlayer (P.No. FY.1645).
16.3.1946: Returned to owner.
3.1946: Sold to BISCO and allocated to W. H. Arnott, Young & Co Ltd, Dalmuir for breaking up by West of Scotland Shipbreaking Co Ltd, Troon.
25.3.1946: Arrived Troon Harbour (draughts (4’0”/13’3”).
23.4.1946: Breaking commenced.
10.1.1947: Beached (draughts 2’0”/3’6”).
2.3.1948: Breaking completed.

19/12/2006: Page published. 2 updates since then.
07/08/2020: Updated history.