Official Number: 136243
Yard Number: 626
Gross Tonnage: 239
Net Tonnage: 90
Length: 116 ft
Breadth: 22.5 ft
Depth: 12.5 ft
Built: Cochrane & Son Ltd, Selby
Engine: T.3-cyl by Lidgerwood Ltd, Glasgow
21.12.1914: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.626) for Great Northern Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as EVESHAM.
22.4.1915: Registered at Hull (H306).
21.6.1915: Completed (Fred Smith, manager).
6.1915: Requisitioned for war service as an armed trawler (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.1544).
7.3.1918: Sold to The Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Hull (Joseph Vivian, manager). Based Humber.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Hull.
26.4.1919: Re-registered at Hull (H306).
13.5.1920: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The London County Westminster & Parr’s Bank Ltd, London (A).
6.3.1923: Mortgagee re-styled as Westminster Bank Ltd, London.
22.10.1925: Robert Burton designated manager.
14.10.1927: Mortgage (A) transferred to William Augustus Hayward, Eastbourne.
14.10.1927: Mortgage (A) transferred to Mercantile Marine Finance Corporation Ltd, London. 16.9.1932: Charles Hugh Emerson designated manager.
10.1932: Mercantile Marine Finance Corporation Ltd in liquidation.
1.11.1932: Mortgage (A) transferred to Harold Frank Hayward, London; Maud Florence Katherine Rogers, Chelsea and Ernest Norton, London (Joint mortgagees).
1935: Insured value £3,200.
3.1936: Combined boxing and trawling fleet of Kelsall Bros. & Beeching Ltd and the Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd consisting of 59 vessels laid up at Hull (declining catches, coal bill and increased maintenance costs had made the venture uneconomical).
6.3.1936: Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd (Charles H. Emerson, manager) in voluntary liquidation.
18.12.1936: Sold by order of the mortgagees under mortgage (A) to Heward Trawlers Ltd, London (Robert Scott Hewett & Harold Frank Hayward). Refurbished.
29.12.1936: Hull registry closed.
31.12.1936: Registered at London (LO187). Robert Scott Hewett designated manager.
1.12.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (Hire rate £65.14.6d/month).
19.1.1940: Returned to owner.
18.4.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a patrol vessel (P.No. NI).
1941: Reverted to minesweeping role.
3.1941: Damaged by German air attack whilst alongside in Lowestoft.
27.5.1941: Sunk by German air attack off Great Yarmouth. Sk. G. R. Bull RNR and all crew saved. 4.1946: Salved and allocated to West of Scotland Shipbreaking Co Ltd, Troon for breaking up.
19/12/2008: Page published. 2 updates since then.
08/08/2020: Updated information.