Official Number: 96224
Yard Number: 339
Gross Tonnage: 159
Net Tonnage: 64
Length: 101 ft
Breadth: 20.6 ft
Depth: 10.7 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull
3.6.1890: Launched by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull (Yd.No.339) for The Grimsby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby as IONIC.
6.1890: Completed. George E. J. Moody designated manager.
1.7.1890: Registered at Grimsby (GY256). Fishing from Fleetwood. William Moody Kelly managing agent.
1896: Sk. John Wright convicted on charges of fishing in the Minches with beam trawl.
18.6.1899: Arrested by HMS VIGILANT whilst trawling 21/2 miles inside the prohibited area off the Wigtownshire coast. Forty boxes of fish onboard.
5.7.1899: At Stranraer Sheriff Court Sk. Richard Wright was fined £50 or 30 days imprisonment.
1913: New boiler fitted.
3.1917: At Fleetwood. Fitted with Hotchkiss 6pdr gun (No.3621); complement increased by two gunners.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
1921: Fishing from Fleetwood.
4.1.1921: Sk. J. Ronson fined £15 at Bangor for trawling within the three mile limit and having immature fish onboard.
1926: Sir George E. J. Moody designated manager.
7.3.1928: Off the Humber in collision with Hull steam trawler HORNBILL (H244) which connected and commenced tow to the Humber. Vessel started to settle and foundered 4 miles NE of Spurn Lightship. All crew safe.
30.3.1928: Grimsby registry closed.
24/12/2008: Page published.
03/06/2014: Information updated.
31/03/2021: Updated history.