S.T. Laureate FD35

Technical

Official Number: 109890
Yard Number: 372
Completed: 1898
Gross Tonnage: 194
Net Tonnage: 77
Length: 112 ft
Breadth: 21.2 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen

History

20.8.1898: Launched by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.372) for William H. Dodds, Aberdeen & others as LAUREATE.
6.10.1898: Registered at North Shields (SN257).
10.1898: Completed. William H. Dodds designated managing owner.
17.1.1900: Arrived Aberdeen with OCEAN BRIDE (A743) in tow picked up disabled some 60 – 70 miles off Aberdeen.
1903: Sold to The “Dodds” Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen. William H. Dodds appointed manager.
8.1904: Transferred to fish out of Milford (John Pettit managing agent).
5.9.1905: First landing at Milford (Sk. J. W. Beck).
8.11.1905: At Milford landed bosun, Charles Goffem, with a fractured leg.
2.1.1906: Last landing at Milford.
1911: Sold to G. Puls, Oporto. Renamed LAUREADO.
14.1.1911: North Shields registry closed.
1.1911: Registered at Oporto.
1913: Sold to The Dodds Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen.(William H. Dodds, manager).
19.5.1913: Registered at North Shields as LAUREATE (SN237). William H. Dodds appopinted manager.
5.6.1916: Sold to The Hesketh Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood. Ernest Taylor, Thornton-le-Fylde appointed manager.
3.1917: At Fleetwood. Fitted with Nordenfelt 6pdr gun (No.269); complement increased by two gunners.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
1918: Released.
27.2.1919: North Shields registry closed.
28.2.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD35).
1921: Joseph A. Taylor & Harold Taylor appointed managers.
7.11.1921: Fishing from Grimsby. On a North Sea trip (Sk. Dennis Randlesome), picked up two survivors of the Norwegian steamer ALF which had foundered off Smith’s Knoll Light-vessel.
15.3.1922: Sk. Randlesome presented with a silver cup by the Norwegian Government in recognition of the rescue of the ALF survivors.
1924: Magnus B. J. Wedum appointed manager.
1924: Sold to Frederick Swann & George J. Ward, Lytham. Walter Morley, Fleetwood appointed manager.
1926: Sold to George Brown, Leith. George Brown designated managing owner.
7.1929: Sold to Iago Steam Trawler Co Ltd (64/64), Milford Haven.
7.1929: Sold to Frank Thomas Vaughan (22/64), Hakin; Frank P. A. Lock (21/64), Hakin & Albert E. Marchant (21/64), Milford Haven. Frank Thomas Vaughan designated managing owner.
26.7.1929: Fleetwood registry closed.
30.7.1929: Registered at Milford (M29).
8.3.1937: Last landing at Milford.
7.5.1937: Sold to Belgium for breaking up.
1.9.1937: Milford registry closed, breaking up completed.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Laureate FD35

S.T. Laureate FD35
Picture courtesy of James Cullen

S.T. Laureate FD35

S.T. Laureate FD35
Picture from the Internet

Changelog
25/12/2008: Page published. 3 updates since then.
27/02/2015: Picture added.
18/05/2016: Picture added and information updated.
12/11/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.

Leave A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.


Hit Counter provided by criminal attorney Orange County
Fight Spam! Click Here!