Official Number: 139215
Yard Number: 659
Gross Tonnage: 236
Net Tonnage: 90
Length: 117.4 ft
Breadth: 22.6 ft
Depth: 11.3 ft
Engine: 78rhp T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Speed: 10.5 knots
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
23.12.1916: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.659) for The Palatine Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as LEYLAND.
26.3.1917: Registered at Fleetwood (FD291) (Magnus B. J. Wedum, manager).
3.1917: Completed. Requisitioned from the builders for war service and fitted out as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.3026). Based at Le Havre.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
15.3.1927: Homeward after a successful trip on the West of Scotland grounds (Sk. F. Sebons); twelve crew. In heavy weather and gale force winds struck Horlisgeir Rock, North Uist and holed. Crew stayed with vessel but as list increased abandoned in lifeboat and reached shore 2 miles away.
3.1927: Salvage attempted but declared a CTL.
22.4.1927: Fleetwood registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
25/12/2005: Page published. 5 updates since then.
25/05/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.