Official Number: 98753
Yard Number: 57
Gross Tonnage: 154
Net Tonnage: 62
Length: 101 ft
Breadth: 20.5 ft
Depth: 11 ft
Engine: C.2-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co, Hull
Built: Cochrane, Cooper & Schofield, Beverley
23.5.1891: Launched by Cochrane, Cooper & Schofield, Beverley (Yd.No.57) for Pickering & Haldane’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull as CORMORANT.
31.7.1891: Completed (Henry A. L. Russell, manager).
1.8.1891: Registered at Hull (H156).
23.2.1906: Sold to Christopher Pickering, Hull.
9.3.1912: Sold to Port of Blyth Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Blyth (John E. Rushworth, manager).
15.4.1912: Hull registry closed.
4.1912: Registered at Blyth (BH81).
1913: John D. Marsden, Grimsby appointed manager.
1914: Sold to Arthur Cargill, Hull; Edward Cargill Jnr, Fleetwood and George Cargill, Hull. Registered at Blyth as NIBLICK (BH81). Fishing from Fleetwood.
30.1.1915: Returning to Fleetwood (Sk. Herbert Percy Jones), about 18 miles NW 1/2 N of Bar Lightship, picked up 11 crew members from the coaster LINDA BLANCHE (530grt/1914) stopped by U-boat (U.21) while on passage Manchester – Belfast with general and sunk by explosive charges in position 53°34N/03°51W. Landed survivors at Fleetwood at 8.00 p.m.
2.1915: At Falcarragh Court, Co. Donegal, Sk. Jones charged by Irish Fisheries Board with being in prohibited waters off Tory Island. In view of rescue previous month, charges dropped.
5.1915: Sold to Tena Wood (16/64); Niels Fischer (16/64); Harry Wood (16/64) and Arthur Smith (16/64), Grimsby.
19.5.1915: Tena Wood, Niels Fischer and Harry Wood shares mortgaged to National Provincial Bank of England Ltd, London (E), (F), (G).
11.6.1915: Arthur Smith shares mortgaged to National Provincial Bank of England Ltd, London (H).
21.6.1915: Blyth registry closed.
21.6.1915: Registered at Grimsby (GY520).
8.7.1915: Mortgages (E), (F), (G) and (H) transferred to Henry Croft Baker and John Lawrence Green, Grimsby jointly.
1.9.1915: All four mortgages discharged.
2.9.1915: Arthur Smith (16/64) and Niels Fischer (16/64) shares sold to Harry Wood and Tena Wood, Grimsby jointly.
3.9.1915: Harry Wood (32/64) and Tina Wood (32/64) mortgaged to Henry Croft Baker and John Lawrence Green, Grimsby jointly (I), (J).
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
4.1918: Sold to Henry Wood & others, Grimsby.
12.1924: Sold for breaking up.
16.12.1924: Grimsby registry closed “Broken up”.
Click to enlarge image
31/12/2008: Page published. 4 updates since then.
27/10/2017: Removed FMHT watermark.
25/06/2021: Updated history.