S.T. Nile FD11
Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 10849
Yard Number: 581
Gross Tonnage: 174
Net Tonnage: 45
Length: 110 ft
Breadth: 21.1 ft
Depth: 11 ft
Engine: 400ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by MacColl & Pollock, Sunderland
Built: Edwards Bros, North Shields
7.2.1898: Launched by Edwards Bros, North Shields (Yd.No.581) for Britannia Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as NILE.
14.3.1898: Registered at Grimsby (GY500). George William Parker, appointed manager.
17.3.1898: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The York City & County Banking Co Ltd, York (A). (George W. Parker, manager).
15.12.1900: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to George William Parker, Grimsby (B).
3.1902: Chartered by James Herbert Marr, Fleetwood.
29.5.1902: J. Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood formed.
9.12.1902: Sold by mortgagee under mortgage (A) to J. Marr & Son Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood for £3400.
13.12.1902: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Williams Deacon’s Bank Ltd, London (C).
15.12.1902: James Herbert Marr appointed manager.
12.8.1904: Grimsby registry closed.
15.8.1904: Registered at Fleetwood (FD11).
1905: Lengthened to 123.0 x 21.1 x 10.9 196g 78n (BoT Cert dated 27.7.1905).
18.8.1905: Re registered at Fleetwood (FD11) after material alterations.
6.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence trawler.
26.5.1916: Mortgage (C) discharged.
20.11.1916: Sold to Andrew Walker, Aberdeen.
29.11.1916: Andrew Walker appointed managing owner.
8.7.1918: Sold to Thomas G. Hancock, Hakin.
10.7.1918: Thomas G. Hancock appointed managing owner.
16.7.1918: Fleetwood registry closed.
20.7.1918: Registered at Milford (M186). Based Scapa.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Milford Haven.
18.3.1920: Damaged by JAMES CHRISTOPHER (LO248) while waiting to lock out in Milford.
20.10.1922: Sailed Plymouth for fishing grounds off the SW of Ireland (Sk. William Grieves Payne).
21.10.1922: Struck rock on entering Crookhaven, Co. Cork.
24.10.1922: Sailed Crookhaven for the fishing grounds. In the seaway vessel found to be taking water and subsequently foundered.
4.11.1922: Milford registry closed “Foundered”.