Official Number: 124720
Yard Number: 353
Gross Tonnage: 270
Net Tonnage: 93
Length: 125.7 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 12 ft
Built: Smiths Dock Co. Ltd, North Shields, 1907
Engine: T.3-cyl by Shields Engineering Co Ltd, North Shields
23.7.1907: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.353) for Crawford Heron, Swansea as the LOUISE.
3.9.1907: Registered at Swansea (SA50).
3.9.1907: Registered owners, Mrs Marion L. Ryde, Godalming & Colonel Arthur T. Sloggett, Paignton. Crawford Heron, Swansea designated manager.
13.3.1913: Sold to George H. D. Birt, Milford Haven. George H. D. Birt designated managing owner.
4.6.1913: Mortgaged to Henry H. Hextall. Eastbourne (A).
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service.
6.1.1915: Commissioned (Ad.No.144).
22.1.1915: Arrived Devonport. Fitted out as a minesweeper (1-6pdr). Fitted as Leader. Admiralty Number became (Ad.No.965).
16.5.1917: Mortgage (A) discharged.
25.5.1917: Sold to Taylor & Tomlinson Ltd, Fleetwood. Ernest Taylor designated manager.
25.5.1917: Mortgaged to The London Joint City & Midland Bank, London (B).
31.3.1919: Swansea registry closed.
1.4.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD120). Based Granton.
1920: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
1920: Mortgage (B) discharged.
1920: Sold to M.J. vander Eb & Dresselhuys, Scheepvaart Maats, Rotterdam. J. Nierinck, Ostend designated manager.
3.2.1920: Fleetwood registry closed.
2.1920: Registered at Ostend as BARON L DONNY (O203).
5.10.1922: Sold to Jules H. Nierinck, Blackpool Jules H. Nierinck designated managing owner.
5.10.1922: Registered at Fleetwood as ALEC NIERINCK (FD414).
1925: Sold to Melling Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood.
15.9.1925: Registered at Fleetwood as TOM MELLING (FD414). Henry Melling designated manager).
1930: Delete manager.
15.1.1932: Sold to Alexander Keay, Fleetwood. Alexander Keay designated managing owner.
19.1.1932: Registered at Fleetwood as BAHAMA (FD414).
31.1.1941: Sold to J. Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood. Geoffrey Edwards Marr designated manager for £7500.
4.5.1942: Sold to The Crampin Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby for £8600. H. G. Crampin designated manager. Fishing out of Fleetwood.
10.6.1943: Typical wartime landing, Home Waters. 700 kits – hake-580, ling/coley-80, bream-40. 3.1945: Sold to Pettit & Youds Ltd, Milford Haven. Frank L. Youds designated manager.
11.10.1945: Outside the dock at Milford waiting to proceed to sea, Jack Lyons, fireman fell overboard and drowned.
7.11.1945: On a trip to SW of Ireland grounds (Sk. Cherrington). In bad weather stranded on rocks off Berehaven Island. Refloated on next tide with little damage. Returned to Milford.
16.4.1949: Outward for fishing grounds (Sk W. Reynolds), in thick fog off St.Ann’s Head in collision with steam trawler P & Y (M1). Returned to Milford for repairs.
19.4.1949: Sailed on completion of repairs.
22.8.1956: At Milford Sessions, Sk. Victor Thomas was charged with failing to ‘return to the sea’ 26 stone of undersized haddocks. He was fined £5 and ordered to pay 1gn costs.
24.7.1956: Sold to Brugse Scheepsloperij (Jacques Bakker en Zonen, Bruges) for breaking up.
17.8.1956: Delivered Bruges. Fleetwood registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
19/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
10/06/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.
12/05/2021: Updated history.