S.T. Bridlington FD145

Additional information courtesy of Mike Thompson

Technical

Official Number: 133460
Yard Number: 561
Completed: 1913
Gross Tonnage: 205
Net Tonnage: 82
Length: 112.2 ft
Breadth: 22.5 ft
Depth: 12.4 ft
Engine: 50HP T.3-cyl by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby

History

7.7.1913: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.561) for Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd (64/64), Hull as BRIDLINGTON.
1.9.1913: Registered at Hull (H1009).
1.9.1913: Joseph Vivian appointed manager.
24.9.1913: Completed.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
1919: Released.
13.5.1920: Vessel mortgaged (all 64 shares) to The London County Westminster & Parr’s Bank Ltd, London (A).
6.3.1923: Mortgagee re-styled as Westminster Bank Ltd, London.
14.10.1927: Mortgage (A) transferred to William Augustus Hayward, Eastbourne.
14.10.1927: Mortgage (A) transferred to Mercantile Marine Finance Corporation Ltd, London.
22.10.1928: Robert Burton appointed manager.
16.9.1932: Charles Hugh Emerson appointed manager.
10.1932: Mercantile Marine Finance Corporation Ltd in liquidation.
1.11.1932: Mortgage (A) transferred to Harold Frank Hayward, London; Maud Florence Katherine Rogers, Chelsea and Ernest Norton, London (joint mortgagees).
3.1936: Combined boxing and trawling fleet of Kelsall Bros. & Beeching Ltd and the Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd consisting of 59 vessels laid up at Hull (declining catches, coal bill and increased maintenance costs had made the venture uneconomical).
6.3.1936: At Extraordinary General Meeting at Hull, Kelsall Brothers & Beeching Ltd placed in Creditors’ Voluntary Winding-up (Richard Field Helm of Messrs Hodgson Harris & Co, London appointed liquidators).
3.2.1937: Sold to Heward Trawlers Ltd (64/64), London (Robert Scott Hewett & Harold Frank Hayward) under mortgage (A).
17.2.1937: Hull registry closed.
17.2.1937: Robert S. Hewett, London appointed manager.
19.2.1937: Registered at London (LO194). Refurbished. To fish out of Fleetwood.
1948: Sold to Fern Leaf Co Ltd, Fleetwood.
1954: London registry closed. Registered at Fleetwood (FD145).
1956: Sold for breaking up in The Netherlands.
17(7?).9.1956: Arrived Dordrecht from Fleetwood under own power. Fleetwood registry closed.

Click to enlarge images

S.T. Bridlington FD145

S.T. Bridlington FD145


S.T. Bridlington FD145

S.T. Bridlington FD145
Picture courtesy of the late Alan Hirst

Changelog
26/01/2009: Page published. 6 updates since then.
18/01/2017: Removed disputed image.