Official Number: 109030
Yard Number: 204
Gross Tonnage: 181
Net Tonnage: 74
Length: 110 ft
Breadth: 21 ft
Depth: 11.3 ft
Built: Cook Welton & Gemmell, Beverley
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co, Hull
Speed: 10 knots
26.2.1898: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull (Yd.No.204) for The City Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as the CITY OF HULL.
26.5.1898: Registered at Hull (H396).
5.1898: Completed (John A. Laverack, manager)
27.5.1907: Sold to Dublin Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Dublin (Arthur Richardson, manager).
5.2.1908: Hull registry closed.
2.1908: Registered at Dublin as DEAN SWIFT (D335).
14.1.1911: Arrived Dublin with crew of Liverpool owned, Glasgow registered steamer TURTLE (146grt/1893) which had foundered off Carlingford Lough, Co. Down.
1913: Fishing from Fleetwood
1915: Fitted with new deck.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
1922: Company restructured as Dublin Trawling, Ice & Cold Storage Co Ltd, Dublin (Arthur Richardson, manager).
1926: Sold to Mrs J. M. F. A. Nierinck, Blackpool (Frank Thornley, Fleetwood, manager).
1928: Sold to Thornley & Co, Fleetwood (Frank Thornley, manager).
1928: Sold to Dalby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Bowden Ramster, manager).
5.1929: Dublin registry closed.
25.5.1929: Registered at Fleetwood (FD29).
4.2.1957: Sheltering in Ramsey Bay (Sk. Jack Randles) assistance requested by ALCMARIA (LT48) (Sk. Leslie Hatcher), disabled off Maughould Head with boiler trouble. Steamed 40 miles in rough weather to arrive at the drifting ALCMARIA 11 miles NW of Morecambe Bay Lightship. At 6.00 pm. attempted to connect but line parted. At 8.30 pm. Sk. Hatcher sent SOS and at 10.00 pm Barrow lifeboat launched, also answered by RED SABRE (LO71) (Sk. Jim McKernan) outward for fishing grounds.
5.2.1957. At 3.00 am with Barrow lifeboat in attendance, after several attempts with rocket and barrel RED SABRE connected, but line carried away and fouled propeller. With Barrow lifeboat still in attendance and in moderating weather, Sk. Randles, connected at 5.00 pm. and towed to Fleetwood arriving just after midday.
20.1.1959: Sold to Hammond Lane Foundry Ltd, Dublin for breaking up.
27.1.1959: Delivered Dublin from Fleetwood under own power.
28.11.1959: Fleetwood registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
21/01/2009: Page published. 5 revisions since then.
12/04/2014: Second picture added.
01/12/2014: Information updated.
25/04/2017: Removed disputed image.