Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 162058
Yard Number: 1071
Gross Tonnage: 356
Net Tonnage: 141
Length: 140 ft
Breadth: 25 ft
Depth: 13.4 ft
Engine: 600ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
(In 1935 the Hull trawler LEONIDAS (162186) (H267) was lengthened by Smiths Dock Co. Ltd. The work involved creating an improved hull form with new bow and stern sections. The design was successful, not only providing increased fish room capacity, but also, as was expected, reducing coal consumption and giving a slightly higher free running speed.
Other owners stemmed vessels at Middlesbrough for similar work to be undertaken)
1.2.1930: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.1071) for Dinas Steam Trawling Co Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood as DINAMAR.
14.3.1930: Registered at Fleetwood (FD73).
18.3.1930: Completed (Joseph A. Marr, manager).
1.8.1930: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to William Deacons Bank Ltd, London.
1931: Top port landings-641 tons, highest single trip- 94 tons.
1932: Top port landings -711 tons.
1934: Highest single trip- 88 tons.
1936: Top port landings -941 tons.
10.1938: Mortgage (A) discharged.
10.1938: Sold to The Standard Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby. Albert Wright Butt appointed manager.
28.10.1938: Fleetwood registry closed.
1.11.1938: Registered at Grimsby (GY541).
30.1.1939: Registered at Grimsby as SILANION (GY541) (BoT Minute R.G.1540/38 dated 26.11.1938).
21.11.1939: Completed lengthening by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Middlesbrough to 155.7 feet (including fitting new bow and stern sections). Re measured 366g 178n.
27.2.1939: Grimsby registry closed. Vessel registered anew in consequence of material alteration in length.
1.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence vessel (P.No. Z.116) (Hire rate £202.12.11d/month).
8.12.1945: Reclassed at Grimsby and returned to owner.
1946: Transferred to Hull.
26.8.1948: Sold to White Trawlers Ltd, Hull (C. S. Taylor, MP & others)(Basil A. Parkes, manager).
8.1948: Grimsby registry closed. Registered at Hull (H577).
1.12.1948: Registered at Hull as WHITE FLOWER (H577).
21.12.1949: Sold to C.S. Taylor, MP & others, London (Basil A. Parkes, manager).
1954: Laid up.
17.9.1954: Sold to Hull Merchants Amalgamated Trawlers Ltd, Hull and sold on to Belgian shipbreakers.
5.10.1954: Arrived Liège for breaking up. Hull registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
16/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.