Additional information courtesy of Peter Bell
Official Number: 128750
Yard Number: 420
Gross Tonnage: 225
Net Tonnage: 89
Length: 120 ft
Breadth: 21.5 ft
Depth: 11.7 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Engine: T.3-cyl by Shields Engineering & Dry Docks Co Ltd, North Shields
Boiler: J. T. Eltringham & Co, South Shields
25.3.1910: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.420) for John H. Dove, Milford Haven (managing owner) as G.M.
19.7.1910: Registered at Milford (M47).
22.4.1912: Off St.Ann’s Head picked up part crew of steamer ASHANTI (3423grt/1897) Chief Officer and ten men, West Africa-Liverpool, disabled with broken propeller shaft who had left the ship to seek assistance. Landed them at Milford.
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service (Ad.No.124).
9.8.1914: Arrived Devonport for Special Trawler Reserve; when stored to sail for Lowestoft. Ad.No. cancelled.
13.11.1914: At Lowestoft as Ad.No.308, parent ship HALCYON.
23.1.1915: Arrived Devonport to fit out for Mediterranean as a minesweeper (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.308).
9.2.1915: Sailed. Dardanelles Campaign (Sk. Henry James).
20.12.1915: Dardanelles (Gallipoli) evacuation completed. Redeployed.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Milford Haven.
29.3.1919: Sold to Taylor & Tomlinson Ltd, Fleetwood.
24.3.1919: Milford registry closed.
29.3.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD103).
18.10.1919: Sold to The Tudor Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
1924: James E Sellers appointed manager.
30.11.1925: Sold to Frank Thornley, Blackpool (managing owner).
1.2.1927: Registered at Fleetwood as PASADENA (FD103).
3.10.1932: Stranded off Glengad Head, Co. Donegal (Sk. P. Petersen). Twelve crew members taken to Londonderry.
12.1932: Declared CTL.
28.12.1932: Fleetwood registry closed “Total loss 3/10/1932”.
Click to enlarge images
16/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
14/09/2015: Information updated.
23/09/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from images.
21/11/2020: Updated history.