Official Number: 136900
Yard Number: 167
Gross Tonnage: 251
Net Tonnage: 101
Length: 125 ft
Breadth: 22.7 ft
Depth: 12.1 ft
Built: Goole Shipbuilding & Repair Co Ltd
Engine: 77bhp T.3-cyl by Lidgerwood Ltd, Glasgow
Boiler: C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
21.10.1914: Launched by Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co Ltd, Goole (Yd.No.167) for Thomas James Wales, Fleetwood (managing owner) as EVA WALES.
12.1.1915: Registered at Fleetwood (FD85).
1.1915: Requisitioned for war service.
16.1.1915: Requisitioned for was service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr & Hydrophone) (Ad.No.966). Fitted as Leader.
1917: Based Malta with Unit 35.
1918: Based Aegean Sea.
1918: Sold to The Red Rose Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
12.3.1919: Required for Post-War Service.
1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
1924: William W. Brierley appointed manager.
3.1928: Sold to North Star Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (John A. Harrow, manager).
28.3.1928: Fleetwood registry closed.
5.4.1928: Registered at Aberdeen (A327).
12.6.1929: Sold to North Star Steam Fishing Co Ltd & Mrs Emily Elizabeth Annison, Aberdeen (John A. Harrow, manager).
24.3.1930: On arrival in Aberdeen from the fishing grounds reported that Ernest Annison, brother of the Skipper had been lost overboard off Shetland and drowned.
9.5.1931: Sold to North Star Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (John A. Harrow, manager).
14.6.1934: Registered at Aberdeen as AVONSTREAM (A327) (BoT Minute M/RG1242/34 dated 2.6.1934).
1934: Converted to dry cargo. Re-measured 232g 101n.
29.3.1940: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager).
1.9.1939: Requisitioned for war service on examination service (Hire rate £69.0.6d/month).
14.1.1940: Fitted out as a minesweeper (P.No. FY.1529).
18.9.1940: Additional minesweeping equipment fitted.
7.1945: Returned to owner.
1.8.1945: Sold to Manor Steamship Co Ltd, Milford Haven (Reginald L. Hancock, manager).
1.8.1945: Aberdeen registry closed.
3.8.1945: Registered at Milford (M75).
3.3.1946: Sold to Haven Trawlers Ltd, Milford Haven (Robert P. Lewis, manager).
21.3.1953: Sold to Haven Trawlers Ltd (21/64), Milford Haven Coal Supplies Ltd (21/64) & William H. Kerr (21/64), Milford Haven (Robert P. Lewis, manager).
9.2.1954: Sold to Milford Fisheries Ltd, Milford Haven Coal Supplies Ltd & William H. Kerr, Milford Haven (Owen W. Limbrick, manager).
9.1955: Sold to Belgian shipbreakers for breaking up.
19.9.1955: Milford registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
25/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.
31/10/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.
31/07/2020: Updated history.