Official Number 109669
Yard Number 626
Gross Tonnage 189
Net Tonnage 73
Length 115.5 ft
Breadth 21.1 ft
Depth 11.6 ft
Engine 52 hp T.3-cyl by N. E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
Built at Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields, 1900
Owner J. Johnson & Others, Fleetwood
December 02 1899 Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.626) for J. Johnson & Others, Fleetwood (T. F. Kelsall, manager) as CITY OF MANCHESTER.
June 04 1900 Registered at Fleetwood (FD193).
January 1900 Completed.
Pre 1914 Sold to Fred Kelsall & Co Ltd, Fleetwood (T. F. Kelsall, manager).
June 1915 Requisitioned for war service and converted boom defence duties (Ad.No.NI).
August 1918 Returned.
November 12 1918 Re-registered at Fleetwood (FD193).
1919 Sold to Ernest Taylor & N. Ashworth Ltd, Fleetwood (Taylor & Tomlinson Ltd, managers).
1922 Sold to Pharos Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (John W. A. Potts, manager).
October 26 1922 Renamed ERNESTA (FD193).
1930 J. W. Dollin appointed manager.
February 18 1931 In the Firth of Clyde, seven miles NE of Sanda Island, in collision with steam puffer BRITON (68 grt/1905) inwards for Glasgow from Carnlough which foundered. Four crew picked up.
1933 Sold to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for demolition at Preston.
September 29 1933 Fleetwood registry closed, demolition completed.
Click to enlarge image
25/01/2009: Page published.
06/08/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.