Official Number: 148235
Yard Number: 1351
Gross Tonnage: 386
Net Tonnage: 142
Length: 145.3 ft
Breadth: 25 ft
Depth: 11.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by McKie & Baxter, Glasgow
Built: O. Anderson (London) Ltd, Wivenhoe
192?: Laid down by Otto Andersen (London) Ltd, Wivenhoe (Yd.No.1351).
12.1928: Pollock, Andersen Oil Engines Ltd, London in compulsory liquidation. Assets of Otto Anderson & Co (London) Ltd to be sold by Order of the Sheriff of Essex by auction at Wivenhoe on 25.1.1929. Trawler (partly constructed) (Yd.No.1351) Lot No.490 in catalogue.
22.1.1929: Auction cancelled. Trawler sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Fred Parkes, Blackpool, manager).
c7.1929: Hull launched as EVALANA* (by Miss Evelyn Anne Hayward). Towed to Fleetwood for completion by James Robertson & Sons (Fleetwood) Ltd.
c8.1929: Towed to Barrow for boiler and engine to be lifted in.
15.11.1929: Completed basin trials.
16.11.1929: Registered at Fleetwood (FD55).
18.11.1929: Completed by James Robertson & Sons (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood. On gridiron for final survey.
19.11.1929: Sailed for West Coast of Scotland grounds (Sk. Albert E. Hayward).
26.11.1929: Landed maiden catch (70 boxes).
8.6.1930: Grounded on Tiger’s Tail, approach to Wyre Dock (one of 23 trawlers inbound). Refloated and subsequently slipped for inspection.
1.1931: Sold to Victor Fourny, Boulogne.
21.1.1931: Fleetwood registry closed.
1.1931: Registered at Boulogne (B1464).
10.1932: Re-measured 384g 126n 142.5 x 25.0 x 13.0 feet.
12.1935: Sold to Pêcheries de la Morinie, Boulogne (P. Ficheux, manager).
11.1937: Sold to Fred Parkes, Blackpool.
11.1937: Sold to Towarzystwo Dalekomorskich Polowow “Pomorse” Sp.z.o.a., Gdynia. Registered at Gdynia as CEZARY (GDY111). Fishing from Ijmuiden.
10.8.1939: Sold to Adam Steam Fishing Co Ltd, London (Basil A Parkes, Cleveleys, manager).
10.1939: Re-measured 388g 140n 145.3 x 25.0 x 11.3 feet
3.11.1939: Renamed COUNT (FD89).
9.2.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence vessel (P.No. Z.109) (Hire rate £172.1.0d/month).
12.11.1945: Returned to owner.
9.1946: Sold to Chr. Holm Jacobsen, Thorshavn, Faroe Islands.
8.4.1946: Fleetwood registry closed.
9.1946: Registered at Thorshavn as SILDBERIN (TN40).
1949: Sold to P/f Sjovinnubankin, Thorshavn (F. H. Sölvsteen, manager). Registered at Thorshavn as GUTTABERG (TN40).
1955: Sold to P/f Holmur, Faroe Islands (Rosing Rasmussen) for conversion to dry cargo on completion renamed HOLMUR.
1955: Fitted out to dry cargo – 412g 201n 508d.
1955: Re-engined with 545bhp 2stroke 7-cyl oil engine by British Polar Engines Ltd, Glasgow (Engine (Type M47I) built 1942 ex minesweeper/passenger vessel GREEN DOLPHIN, (ex MMS112) Lowestoft, sold to Faroe Islands 1949.)
1957: Lengthened to 157.0 feet loa 145.0 x 25.0 x 14.0 feet, re-measured – 412g 201n 508d.
Pre 1959: K. Hansen, Sorvag, Thorshavn, appointed manager.
1965: Havstein Ellingsgaard, Runavik, appointed manager.
11.1965: Re-engined with 510bhp 2stroke 7-cyl oil engine by Alpha-Diesel A/S, Falkenburg – CP prop.
29.3.1978: Stranded at Olafsjördur, north coast of Iceland on passage Faroe Islands to Iceland with salt. Total loss.
(* Named after Sk. Albert Hayward and family – EV (daughter Evelyn) AL (Albert) ANA (wife Annie)
Click to enlarge images
14/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.
01/08/2020: Updated information.