Additional information courtesy of Barry Banham
Official Number: 162872
Yard Number: 953
Gross Tonnage: 397.84
Net Tonnage: 150.50
Length: 155.0 ft
Breadth: 26.4 ft
Depth: 12.2 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Engine: 700ihp T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough.
Boiler: Richardson Westgarth & Co Ltd, Hartlepool
6.7.1933: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.953) for Consolidated Fisheries Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as ASTON VILLA.
2.8.1933: Registered at Grimsby (GY508).
2.8.1933: Sir John D. Marsden, Bart appointed manager.
8.8.1933: Vessel mortgaged(64/64) to Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (A).
8.1933: Completed at a cost of £19736.
30.4.1936: Mortgage (A) discharged.
2.5.1936: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Midland Bank Ltd, London (B).
21.7.1936: Mortgage (B) discharged.
8.1936: Sold to The Admiralty.
14.8.1936: Grimsby registry closed. Fitted out as depot ship for Coastal Forces (cost £31,696, estimate £27,000). Renamed HMS MASCOT and later HMS VULCAN, tender to the 1st MTB Flotilla.
11.1947: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, manager).
11.1947: Reclassed at Fleetwood and registered at Fleetwood as FOTHERBY (FD262).
11.1947: Converted for burning oil fuel, F.P. above 150° F.
1948: Transferred to Gt. Yarmouth.
8.2.1951: Sold to Ezra Deep Sea Fishing Co Ltd, Tel-Aviv, Israel.
2.1951: Fleetwood registry closed.
2.1951: Registered at Tel-Aviv as MIRIAM. Continued to land at Gt Yarmouth, some part landings transhipped to Israeli refrigerated steamer D’VARO (506grt/1943) for onward shipment.
1.1952: Sailed Grimsby for Israel.
1953: Sold to Government of Poland, Warsaw (Ministry of Industry & Commerce)(P. P. D. “Dalmor”, managers).
3.1953: Tel Aviv registry closed. Registered at Gdynia as POLLUX (GDY187).
1965: Laid up.
1969: Sold for breaking up.
Click to enlarge image
03/05/14: Page updated.
25/01/2017: Removed disputed image.
19/02/2018: Added an image.