S.T. Grouse FD169

Technical

Official Number: 108525
Yard Number: 550
Completed: 1897
Gross Tonnage: 144
Net Tonnage: 44
Length: 106 ft
Breadth: 20.5 ft
Depth: 11 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl (320IHP) and boiler by N.E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
Built: Edward Bros, North Shields

History

15.4.1897: Launched by Edwards Bros, North Shields (Yd.No.550) for Kelsall Brothers & Beeching Ltd, Manchester as GROUSE.
25.5.1897: Registered at Fleetwood (FD169).
5.1897: Completed (John E. A. Kelsall & George Beeching, Fleetwood, manager).
1899: Transferred to Hull.
8.4.1899: Registered at Hull (H100).
12.5.1899: Fleetwood registry closed.
30.6.1910: Re-measured after lengthening to 118.3 ft 167g 65n.
30.6.1910: Hull registry closed and vessel registered anew in consequence of material alterations (H100).
10.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.371).
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Hull.
7.1919: John Slater, London appointed manager.
1928: Sold for breaking up.
8.2.1928: Hull registry closed.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Grouse FD169

S.T. Grouse FD169
Picture courtesy of Alan Hirst

Changelog
28/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
06/08/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.