Admiralty Number: 3882
Official Number: 141956
Yard Number: 271
Gross Tonnage: 108
Net Tonnage: 39
Length: 92.1 ft
Breadth: 19.1 ft
Depth: 9.1 ft
Built: Fellows & Co Ltd, Gt Yarmouth
Engine: T.3-cyl by Crabtree & Co Ltd, Gt Yarmouth
Boiler: Riley Bros (Boilermakers) Ltd, Stockton on Tees
1917: Requisitioned by The Admiralty on the stocks, no instalment monies paid.
19.12.1917: Launched by Fellows & Co Ltd, Gt Yarmouth (Yd.No.271) (non-standard “Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as DAYSPRING.
1.1917: Completed (1- 6pdr) (Ad.No.3882).
10.8.1920: Transferred to Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries, London.
1920: Leased to Henry Dingle, Thornton-le-Fylde (managing owner).
6.8.1920: Registered at Fleetwood (Part I & Part IV) as CASTLEBAY O.N.141956 (FD377).
5.6.1922: Sk. Jeffrey Wright fined £40 at Campbeltown for engaging in otter trawling within the prohibited limit in the Firth of Clyde.
8.1923: Returned to Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries, London.
25.8.1923: Fleetwood registry closed “Not used for fishing”.
11.1.1924: Sold to John Utting, Lowestoft (managing owner).
11.1.1924: Registered at Lowestoft (LT1295).
8.1.1927: Sold to Nelson George Utting, Lowestoft (John Utting, manager).
9.9.1929: Sold to Mrs Anne Elizabeth Grace (22/64), Norwich; Thomas Albyn Utting (21/64) and Albert Edward Stock (21/64) both Lowestoft (John Utting, manager).
30.4.1931: Sold to John Utting (22/64); Thomas Albyn Utting (21/64) and Albert Edward Stock (21/64), all Lowestoft (John Utting, manager).
15.12.1931: Sold to John Utting (32/64) and Albert Edward Stock (32/64), both Lowestoft (John Utting, manager).
1935-1937: Fishing from Fleetwood (Alex Keay, managing agent).
11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeping drifter (Hire rate £32.0.0d/month).
4.1943: Employed on miscellaneous Naval duties.
1.2.1944: Sold to British & American Salmon Curing Co Ltd, London (Alfred John Llewellyn, Essex).
7.1946: Returned to owner. Laid up.
3.1947: Sold to Karl Ogard & others, Craverne, Sweden. To be renamed DRAGO.
24.3.1947: Decommissioned for voyage but sale not concluded.
10.10.1949: Sold to John Cameron, Peterhead.
16.11.1949: Registered at Peterhead (PD101).
1951: Sold to Andrew Wilson, Buckie & others (Hazael Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood, managers) and fitted out for trawling. Peterhead registry closed. Registered at Buckie as HAZELGLEN (BCK145).
1951-1956: Seasonal trawling from Fleetwood (Hazael Fishing Co Ltd (J. Thain, manager)).
1956: Converted by Hamilton Brothers Ltd, Buckie, fitted with 4stroke 8-cyl 275bhp oil engine by R. A. Lister & Co Ltd, Dursley (engine built 1941).
6.1957: Fishing from Fleetwood.
1960: Re-engined with 2stroke 5-cyl 320bhp oil engine by Crossley Bros. Ltd, Manchester.
Pre 1964: Owners restyled William Wilson, Fleetwood c/o Hazael Fishing Co Ltd (J. Thain, manager).
10.1968: Laid up.
1969: Sold to Messrs C. & J. Davies Ltd, Fleetwood for breaking up.
1975: Buckie registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
16/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
19/12/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.
02/11/2019: Updated information.