Official Number: 139324
Yard Number: 182
Gross Tonnage: 191
Net Tonnage: 72
Length: 110.2 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 12 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co Ltd, Goole
12.1917: Completed by Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co Ltd, Goole (Yd.No.182) for Kelsall Brothers & Beeching Ltd, Hull (George Beeching, Hull & John E. A. Kelsall, London, managers) as JUNCO.
27.12.1917: Registered at Hull (H587).
1.1918: Requisitioned for war service and fitted out for minesweeping duties (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.1657). Based Portsmouth.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Hull (John Slater, London, manager).
22.10.1925: Robert Burton appointed manager.
11.12.1929: On North Sea grounds, SW gale, George Rodgers, Mate and Thomas Atkinson (22), deckhand washed overboard and drowned.
16.9.1932: Charles Hugh Emerson appointed manager.
3.1936: Combined boxing and trawling fleet of Kelsall Bros. & Beeching Ltd and the Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd consisting of 59 vessels laid up at Hull (declining catches, coal bill and increased maintenance costs had made the venture uneconomical).
3.1936: Kelsall Brothers & Beeching Ltd in voluntary liquidation.
1936: Fleet sold en bloc to Heward Trawlers Ltd, London (R. S. Hewett & H. F. Hayward) (Robert S. Hewett, Fleetwood, manager) (About £800 for this vessel). Refurbished.
29.4.1937: Hull registry closed.
30.4.1937: Registered at London (LO200).
.12.1940: Requisitioned for war service and employed on harbour defence duties (Hire rate £55.14.2d/month).
3.1941: Fitted out for anti submarine duties (P.No.FY.1830).
1944: Employed target towing.
5.1946: Returned and fishing out of Lowestoft.
10.1957: Sold for breaking up.
Click to enlarge image
22/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
25/11/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.