Additional information courtesy of Gary Hicks Plymouth Merchant Ships
Official Number: 137373
Yard Number: 607
Gross Tonnage: 226.82
Net Tonnage: 86.72
Length: 117.0 ft
Breadth: 22.5 ft
Depth: 13.0 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Engine: 450ihp T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Boiler: Richardson Westgarth & Co Ltd, Middlesbrough
7.12.1915: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.607) for Thomas M. Reed, North Shields (managing owner) as LANERCOST.
21.1.1916: Registered at North Shields (SN248)
1.1916: Requisitioned from the builders for war service and fitted out as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.3254).
1916: Sold to The Palatine Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Magnus B. J. Wedum, manager).
27.12.1916: North Shields registry closed.
29.12.1916: Registered at Fleetwood (FD292). Based Tyne.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
27.9.1921: Registered at Fleetwood as DARWEN (FD292).
6.1928: Fishing from North Shields.
6.10.1928: Stranded in Druridge Bay, Northumberland.
10.10.1928: Refloated, repaired and returned to service.
1935: Sold to Thomas M. Reed, Tynemouth (managing owner).
25.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service and employed on auxiliary patrol duties (Hire rate £64.6.4d/month).
16.1.1940: Returned to owner.
1940: Owners became Exors. Thomas M. Reed dec’d.
7.5.1940: Requisitioned for war service and fitted out for minesweeping duties (P.No. FY.1859).
2.1946: Reclassed at Liverpool and returned.
1948: Sold to Mrs C. M. Reed, Tynemouth & W. F. Reed, Crail (H. Markham Cook, Grimsby, manager).
7.1951: Sold to Goodleigh Fisheries Ltd, Milford Haven (Henry J. Richards, manager).
7.1951: Fleetwood registry closed.
20.7.1951: Registered at Milford as WESTLEIGH (M169).
7.1952: Sold to Percy Vernon Turner; Percy Vernon Turner Jnr & Charles Russel Turner, Plymouth (joint owners 64/64).
24.7.1952: Milford registry closed.
25.7.1952: Registered at Plymouth (PH116).
25.7.1952: Percy Vernon Turner Snr appointed manager.
30.7.1952: Registered at Plymouth as PERVERUS. (PH116).
1955: Sold to BISCO for breaking up.
23.3.1955: Sailed Plymouth.
15.9.1955: Plymouth registry closed “Vessel broken up”.
Click to enlarge images
28/01/2009: Page published. 6 updates since then.
11/01/2014: Information updated.
24/05/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.