Additional information courtesy of Mike Thompson
Official Number: 163963
Yard Number: 982
Gross Tonnage: 443
Net Tonnage: 168
Length: 162.1 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 12.9 ft
Engine: 800ihp T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Southbank on Tees, Middlesborough
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Southbank on Tees, Middlesborough
7.1.1935: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.982) for Hellyer Brothers Ltd, Hull as HAUSA.
1.2.1935: Registered at Hull (H158).
4.2.1935: Completed. Frank Orlando Hellyer & Owen Stooks Hellyer appointed joint managers.
4.3.1939: Sailed Hull for Bear Island last trip before sale (Sk. R. Turner).
24.3.1939: At Hull landed 1,269 kits grossed £1,418.
3.4.1939: Sold to Loyal Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby.
3.4.1939: Hull registry closed.
4.4.1939: Registered at Grimsby (GY94).
4.4.1939: Albert Wright Butt appointed manager.
15.4.1939: Registered at Grimsby as VICTORIAN (GY94).
11.8.1939: Landed at Grimsby prior to survey and Admiralty trials.
8.1939: Sold to The Admiralty (£25,441) and fitted out to an anti-submarine trawler (P.No.FY.114).
5.1.1940: Grimsby registry closed.
1940 – 1945: Based Haifa with A/S Group 5.
20.10.1945: A Control Committee was formed to manage Hull and Grimsby trawlers which had been bought by the Admiralty in pre war and were being offered for sale back to their original owners (Admiralty Deal). The owners who bought back these vessels and wanted to take part in the scheme agreed to register the trawlers under the Hull Ice Co. Ltd and profits were shared. Management of the trawlers was given to the companies which had bought them.
1.1946: Surveyed and restored at Glasgow and placed on disposal list.
1.1946: Sold to Hull Ice Co Ltd, Hull and allocated to the Butt Group to be paid for in four installments, total £17,407*.
31.1.1946: Registered at Grimsby (GY151). Albert Wright Butt appointed manager.
16.11.1946: Sold to Loyal Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby.
19.6.1948: Sold to A. & M. Smith Ltd, Aberdeen.
22.6.1948: Grimsby registry closed.
29.6.1948: Registered at Hull (H569).
29.6.1948: Mark & Graham Hellyer, Hull appointed managers.
14.09.1948: Registered at Hull as LOCH FLEET (H569).
26.5.1954: Sailed Hull for Iceland last trip before sale (Sk. R. Haughton).
16.6.1954: At Hull landed 1,630 kits grossed £4,533. Transferred to Fleetwood.
4.8.1954: Sold to Dinas Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood.
11.8.1954: Hull registry closed.
14.8.1954: Registered at Fleetwood (FD43).
14.8.1954: Alfred James Marr appointed manager).
17.8.1854: First landing at Fleetwood from Iceland, 1,451 boxes/80 baskets £3,227 gross.
8.3.1957: In thick fog steamer GRACEHILL, (452grt/1918), Londonderry for Ayr light, ran on “Boiler Reef” to the west of Sanda. Vessel holed, crew abandoned but could not pull away due to fog. Trawler stood by and using her radar guided Campbeltown lifeboat to ship; crew of ten saved and landed Campbeltown.
6.1959: Company taken over by J. Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood.
2.7.1959: Sold for to Van Heyghen Freres, Ghent for breaking up.
2.7.1959: Sailed Fleetwood for Ghent.
6.7.1959: Arrived Ghent.
7.7.1959: Fleetwood registry closed “…sold to foreign breakers”.
Note: * Not including restoration, classification and fishing gear.
Click to enlarge images
28/01/2009: Page published. 3 revisions since then.
24/10/2014: Information updated.
24/04/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from images.