Official Number: 163180
Yard Number: 965
Gross Tonnage: 413
Net Tonnage: 156
Length: 157 ft
Breadth: 26.7 ft
Depth: 12.7 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Engine: T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
1.2.1934: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.965) for Oddsson & Co Ltd, Hull as BRIMNES.
26.2.1934: Registered at Hull (H9).
2.1934: Completed (Jon S. Oddsson, manager).
1.3.1934: Sailed Hull on first trip to Norway Coast grounds (Sk. J. Oddsson).
19.3.1934: At Hull landed 1,924 kits grossed £1,366.
23.8.1939: Sold to Hudson Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (Hudson Brothers Trawlers Ltd, managers).
9.1939: Requisitioned for war service.
29.9.1939: Sold to The Admiralty (M.O.W.T.) (£23,422) and fitted out for anti-submarine duties (P.No. FY.254).
3.5.1940: Hull registry closed.
20.10.1945: A Control Committee was formed to manage Hull and Grimsby trawlers which had been bought by the Admiralty in pre war and were being offered for sale back to their original owners. The owners who bought back these vessels and wanted to take part in the scheme agreed to register the trawlers under the Hull Ice Co. Ltd and profits were shared. Management of the trawlers was given to the companies which had bought them.
12.1945: Surveyed at Glasgow.
1.1.1946: Sold to Hull Ice Co Ltd, Hull (Charles D. Hudson, manager).
16.11.1946: Sold to Charleson-Smith Trawlers Ltd, Hull (20/-).
18.12.1946: Registered at Hull as STELLA SIRIUS (H165).
8.3.1948: Sold to A. & M. Smith Ltd, Aberdeen.
15.3.1948: Registered at Hull as LOCH TORRIDON (H165). Continued to operate out of Hull.
14.2.1953: Outward for fishing grounds (Sk. E. March). In thick fog in the Humber in collision with coaster EMERALD (1382grt/1952), sustained damage to shell plating in way of port bunker.. Beached between Victoria Dock and Alexander Pier.
20.3.1953: After removal of 250 tons of bunker coal patched and refloated. Repaired and returned to service.
8.7.1954: Sailed Hull for Iceland, last trip before sale (Sk. J. A. Jennings).
27.7.1954: At Hull landed 1,888 kits grossed £3,971.
7.1954: Sold to Dinas Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Alfred J. Marr, manager).
4.8.1954: Hull registry closed.
8.1954: Registered at Fleetwood (FD44).
28.8.1954: First landing at Fleetwood from Iceland 1,474 boxes 80 baskets grossed £5,772.
30.5.1959: Company taken over by J. Marr & Son Ltd.
19.6.1959: Sold for breaking up to Van Heyghen Freres, Ghent.
22.6.1959: Arrived Ghent. Fleetwood registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
17/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
01/02/2015: Picture added.
23/07/2015: Picture added.
10/03/2017: Image added.