Additional material courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 139922
Yard Number: 346
Gross Tonnage: 296
Net Tonnage: 115
Length: 136.2 ft
Breadth: 23 ft
Depth: 12.2 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd
Engine: 540ihpT.3-cyl by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
20.5.1916: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd (Yd.No.346) for The Standard Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as SEDDON.
30.10.1916: Registered at Grimsby (GY991).
30.10.1916: Walter William Butt appointed manager.
11.1916: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.3313). Based Dover.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby.
11.04.1924: On an Icelandic trip, deckhand Walter Swaine contracted double pneumonia and passed away. He was buried at sea. Death certificate reads “Off the coast at Reykjavik”.
26.8.1926: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Midland Bank Ltd, London (A).
10.8.1932: Grounded east bank of river at Blyth after calling for bunker coal. Refloated with no damage.
8.4.1938: Bill Butt appointed manager.
28.6.1938: Albert Wright Butt appointed manager.
2.6.1940: Requisitioned for war service as an auxiliary patrol vessel (P.No.4.166) (Hire rate £83.17.4d/month).
1.12.1941: Mortgage (A) discharged.
14.1.1942: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Hull.
22.1.1942: Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys appointed manager.
2.1946: Returned after survey and restoration at Fleetwood.
29.3.1946: Sold to Seddon Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), London & Fleetwood.
5.4.1946: Borys Kilaczycki, London appointed manager.
29.3.1946: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull for £9,000 with interest at 4% B).
8.8.1947: Mortgage (B) discharged.
12.8.1947: Sold to Dagon Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), London.
12.8.1947: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Seddon Fishing Co Ltd, London for £7.500 with interest at 4% (C).
18.8.1947: Czeslaw Antkowiak, London appointed manager.
12.2.1949: Mortgage (C) discharged.
16.4.1951: Sold to Craig Stores (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen.
21.4.1951: Joseph Craig, appointed manager.
21.4.1951: Grimsby registry closed.
27.4.1951: Registered at Aberdeen (A684).
1960: Sold to BISCO and allocated to James A. White & Co Ltd, St. David’s, Fife for breaking up.
22.4.1960: Delivered St. David’s from Aberdeen under own power.
3.10.1960: Aberdeen registry closed “Vessel broken up.”
Click to enlarge images
17/01/2009: Page published. 7 updates since then.
14/08/2015: Picture added.
10/10/2016: Information and picture added.
14/04/2018: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.