Official Number: 182005
Yard Number: 162
As built: 440disp (137’ 9” loa) 126’ 0” x 23’ 9” x 11’ 6”
Gross Tonnage: 276.89
Net Tonnage: 105.03
Length: 126.2 ft
Breadth: 23.6 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Built: J. Lewis & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Engine: 600ihp T.3-cyl by J. Lewis & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen (E.No.239)
Boiler: John G. Kincaid & Co Ltd, Greenock
13.10.1941: Keel laid.
5.3.1942: Launched by J. Lewis & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.162) (“Round Table” class) for The Admiralty as HMS SIR AGRAVAINE (P.No.T.230).
12.6.1942: Completed as a “LL” minesweeper (1-12pdr HA/LA, 4-MG, 1-20mm, DC).
23.5.1944: Assigned as a magnetic minesweeper to Operation Neptune – Normandy landings.
5.6.1944: Sailed for beachhead approaches with minesweeping flotillas.
29.6.1944: Ordered to Plymouth on successful completion of operations in British sector.
3.7.1944: Operation Neptune ended.
1946: Laid up at Rosyth on Disposal List (SORF, Rosyth).
4.1946: Sold to The Great Western Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Aberdeen.
11.2.1947: Registered at Aberdeen as SIR AGRAVINE O.N.182005 (A276). Basil Arthur Parkes designated manager.
15.2.1947: Alteration to tonnage and other particulars. Certificate of Survey at Aberdeen dated 14.2.1947. 273.50g 103.50n.
1948: Transferred to fish out of Fleetwood.
10.8.1954: Last landing at Fleetwood (Sk. Harold Harrison), 689 boxes 60 baskets £1,378 gross £1,352 net.
8.1954: Sold to Nils Utheim, Karvag, Nordmor, Norway.
1.9.1954: Aberdeen registry closed. Registered at Kristiansund as UTHEIM.
1957: Converted to motor and fitted with 4stroke 8-cyl oil engine by A/S Volund, Copenhagen.
1972: Sold to Rolf Hansen Partrederi, Kristiansund, Norway. Registered at Kristiansund as FEDERAL (M.22.K)
24.7.1973: Off Krakeneset, Norwegian Sea, started to take in water and after taking on a list, capsized and foundered. Kristiansund registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
17/01/2009: Page published 7 updates since then.
12/08/2017: Removed disputed image and FMHT watermarks and posted another image.
22/10/2020: Added an image and updated history.