Tag Archives: Round Table Class

S.T. Braconbank A237

Technical

Official Number: 182002
Yard Number: 769
Completed: 1943
Gross Tonnage: 277
Net Tonnage: 106
Length: 126.2 ft
Breadth: 23.6 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Built: Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen

History

23.11.1942: Launched by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.769) (“Round Table” class) for The Admiralty as HMS SIR LAMORACK (P.No.T.242).
3.1943: Completed as a “LL” minesweeper (1-12pdr HA/LA, 4-MG, 1-20mm, DC).
1946: Laid up at Rosyth on Disposal List (SORF, Rosyth).
1946: Sold to The Don Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen.
28.11.1946: Registered at Aberdeen as BRACONBANK O.N.182002 (A237). Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys appointed manager.
1.1948: Transferred to fish out of Fleetwood.
31.1.1953: In severe weather conditions, assisted in search for steam trawler MICHAEL GRIFFITH (FD249) in distress 7 miles south of Barra Head; nothing found.
21.6.1954: Last landing at Fleetwood, 11 days – 240 boxes 20 baskets grossed £1,539.
1954: Sold to C. Rangö, Kristiansund N.
1954: Re-engined with 2stroke 5-cyl oil engine by Alpha-Diesel A/S, Frederikshavn.
22.7.1954: Aberdeen registry closed. Registered at Kristiansund as BRACON.
1964: Sold to Bjarne A. Algröy Partrederi, Algröy. Registered at Bergen.
1973: Re-engined with 875bhp 2stroke 7-cyl oil engine by Wichmann Mtrf., Rubbestadneset (engine built 1971).
1977: Not in LR.
18.6.1981: Condemned. After removal of non-ferrous scrap and equipment scuttled in Bjornefjorden.

Click to enlarge images

HMT Sir Lamorack

HMT Sir Lamorack
Picture from the Internet

HMT Sir Lamorak T242

HMT Sir Lamorak T242
Picture from the Internet

S.T. Braconbank A237

S.T. Braconbank A237
Picture from the Internet

Changelog
13/05/2012: Page published.
10/09/2016: Information updated.
20/09/2019: Removed FMHT watermark from image and updated information. Added an image.

S.T. Sir Agravine A276

Technical

Official Number: 182005
Yard Number: 162
Completed: May 05 1942
Gross Tonnage: 274
Net Tonnage: 104
Length: 126.2 ft
Breadth: 23.6 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Engine: 73hp T.3-cyl by J. Lewis & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen (E.No.239)
Boiler: John G. Kincaid & Co Ltd, Greenock
Built: J. Lewis & Co Ltd, Aberdeen

History

13.10.1941: Keel laid.
5.3.1942: Launched by J. Lewis & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.) (“Round Table” class) for The Admiralty as HMS SIR AGRAVAINE (P.No.T.230).
10.06.1942: Full power trials in Torrey Dock.
12.6.1942: Completed (1 – 12pdr HA, 1 – 20mm AA and 2 – Lewis guns).
23.5.1944: Assigned as a magnetic minesweeper to Operation Neptune – Normandy landings.
5.6.1944: Sailed for beachhead approaches with minesweeping flotillas.
29.6.1944: Ordered to Plymouth on successful completion of operations in British sector.
3.7.1944: Operation Neptune ended.
1946: Sold to The Great Western Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Aberdeen (Basil A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager).
11.2.1947: Registered at Aberdeen as SIR AGRAVINE (Note spelling change)(A276).
1948: Transferred to Fleetwood.
10.1954: Sold to Nils Utheim, Karvag, Nordmor, Norway.
1.9.1954: Aberdeen registry closed. Registered at Kristiansund as UTHEIM.
1957: Converted to motor and fitted with 4stroke 8-cyl oil engine by A/S Volund, Copenhagen.
1972: Sold to Rolf Hansen Partrederi, Kristiansund, Norway. Registered at Kristiansund as FEDERAL.
24.7.1973: Off Krakeneset, Norwegian Sea, started to take in water and after taking on a list, capsized and foundered. Kristiansund registry closed.

Click to enlarge image

HMT Sir Agravaine

HMT Sir Agravaine
Picture reproduced under IWM Non-Commercial Licence

M.T. Federal M22K

M.T. Federal M22K
Picture courtesy of The Frank Pook Collection

Changelog
17/01/2009: Page published 7 updates since then.
12/08/2017: Removed disputed image and FMHT watermarks and posted another image.