Official Number: 182002
Yard Number: 769
Gross Tonnage: 277
Net Tonnage: 106
Length: 126.2 ft
Breadth: 23.6 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Built: Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
23.11.1942: Launched by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.769) (“Round Table” class) for The Admiralty as HMS SIR LAMORACK (P.No.T.242).
3.1943: Completed as a “LL” minesweeper (1-12pdr HA/LA, 4-MG, 1-20mm, DC).
1946: Laid up at Rosyth on Disposal List (SORF, Rosyth).
1946: Sold to The Don Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen.
28.11.1946: Registered at Aberdeen as BRACONBANK O.N.182002 (A237). Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys appointed manager.
1.1948: Transferred to fish out of Fleetwood.
31.1.1953: In severe weather conditions, assisted in search for steam trawler MICHAEL GRIFFITH (FD249) in distress 7 miles south of Barra Head; nothing found.
21.6.1954: Last landing at Fleetwood, 11 days – 240 boxes 20 baskets grossed £1,539.
1954: Sold to C. Rangö, Kristiansund N.
1954: Re-engined with 2stroke 5-cyl oil engine by Alpha-Diesel A/S, Frederikshavn.
22.7.1954: Aberdeen registry closed. Registered at Kristiansund as BRACON.
1964: Sold to Bjarne A. Algröy Partrederi, Algröy. Registered at Bergen.
1973: Re-engined with 875bhp 2stroke 7-cyl oil engine by Wichmann Mtrf., Rubbestadneset (engine built 1971).
1977: Not in LR.
18.6.1981: Condemned. After removal of non-ferrous scrap and equipment scuttled in Bjornefjorden.
Click to enlarge images
13/05/2012: Page published.
10/09/2016: Information updated.
20/09/2019: Removed FMHT watermark from image and updated information. Added an image.