Additional information courtesy of Geoff Davidson
Official Number: 137181
Yard Number: 144
Gross Tonnage: 213.7
Net Tonnage: 91.81
Length: 117.2 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 12.5 ft
Built: Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
Engine: T.3-cy by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
29.6.1915: Launched by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith (Yd.No.144) for Standard Fishing Co of Aberdeen Ltd, Aberdeen as LINN O’ DEE.
11.1915: Completed. James G. Adam designated manager.
17.11.1915: Registered at Aberdeen (A338). Requisitioned from the builders and fitted out as a minesweeper (Ad.No.513). Based Granton.
25.4.16: Remeasured 227.0g. 97.78n, tonnages altered by BoT survey.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Aberdeen.
17.10.1925: Sold to Robert Flockhart, Newhaven, Edinburgh. Alexander Flockhart, Leith designated manager.
24.8.1929: Sold to John Flockhart, Newhaven, Edinburgh. Alexander Flockhart designated manager.
1929: John Flockhart designated managing owner.
17.7.1931: Reported landing a sturgeon at Oban, the first at the port for three years.
15.2.1935: Aberdeen registry closed.
5.3.1935: Registered at Leith (LH78).
13.6.1935: Registered at Leith as OCEAN BRINE (LH78).
11.1939: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Basil Arthur Parkes, Thornton-le-Fylde designated manager.
25.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a boom trawler (P.No.4.364)(Hire rate £62.8.6d/month).
1940: Sold to William Carnie Jnr, Glasgow. Placed in ownership of Flockhart & Sons, Newhaven, Edinburgh.
By 12.1940: Sold to Carnie & Gibb, Newhaven, Edinburgh. William Carnie Jnr, Glasgow designated manager.
3.1941: Employed as an auxiliary patrol vessel (1-12pdr HA, AA weapons). Based Granton.
29.12.1944: Returned to owner.
1945: Sold to Lewis, Wilcox & Co Ltd, Milford Haven.
10.8.1945: Fishing in the Minch, in contact with mine which exploded but sustained little damage.
9.1952: Sold to Colin H. Brand, Cleveleys. Colin H. Brand designated managing owner.
27.9.1952: Fleetwood manned from this date.
13.10.1952: First landing at Fleetwood (Sk. Cyril Armitage) 230 boxes £1,270 gross.
2.1955: Transferred to fish out of Milford Haven.
20.2.1955: First landing at Milford.
11.7.1955: Last landing at Milford.
07.1955: Sold to Bruce & Craig Ltd, Aberdeen.
By 22.7.1955: Arrived Aberdeen.
3.9.1955: Landed at Aberdeen.
1955: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up at Castle Pill, Milford Haven.
10.5.1956: Leith registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
01/01/2009: Page published. 6 updates since then.
13/07/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks from images and added information.
10/09/2019: Updated information.