Additional material courtesy of Maurice Voss and George Westwood
Official Number: 113574
Yard Number: 208
Gross Tonnage: 168
Net Tonnage: 68
Length: 104.1 ft
Breadth: 21 ft
Depth: 10.7 ft
Engine: 45hp T.3-cyl by Muir & Houston, Glasgow
Built: Mackie & Thompson Ltd, Govan
31.7.1900: Launched by Mackie & Thomson Ltd, Govan (Yd.No.208) for James Leyman & Co Ltd, Hull as OUSE.
6.9.1900: Registered at Hull (H514).
9.1900: Completed (James Leyman, manager). Initially with Hull boxing fleet and later fished out of Scarborough.
5.1913: Sold to S.A. Compagnie Nationale des Chalutiers à Vapeur, Ostend. Sailed Scarborough for Belgium (Sk. Dave Naylor).
15.5.1913: Hull registry closed.
5.1913: Registered at Ostend as OUSE (O202).
3.2.1915: Sold to Paton’s Trawlers Ltd, Glasgow (Charles F. Paton, manager). Ostend registry closed. Registered at Glasgow (GW15).
2.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence trawler.
24.7.1915: Off St. Alban’s Head in collision with and sank HMD WATER LILY (BF595).
1918: Based Lerwick.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Hull.
1919: Sold to Arthur Gouldby, Kessingland, Lowestoft (managing owner).
21.6.1919: Registered at Lowestoft (LT572).
1934: Sold to Mrs Edith C. Burton, Lowestoft (managing owner).
1941: Sold to Loopey Fishing & Development Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Harold D. Holland, manager).
Pre 1943-1945: Fishing from Fleetwood (Sk. V. Buschini Snr).
1945: Returned to Lowestoft.
1950s: Served as an Exhibition ship in Waveney Dock.
10.1954: Sold to Belgium for breaking up.
27.10.1954: Sailed Lowestoft for Belgium towing LORD DUNCAN (LT273) also sold for breaking up.
Click to enlarge images
19/01/2009: Page published. 4 revisions since then.
27/10/2014: Picture added.
09/08/2015: Added picture.
19/01/2019: Removed FMHT watermark and added an image.