Official Number: 132405
Yard Number: 479
Gross Tonnage: 288
Net Tonnage: 114
Length: 130.1 ft
Breadth: 23.5 ft
Engine: 90 hp T.3-cyl by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons, Selby
4.3.1911: Launched by Cochrane & Sons, Selby (Yd.No.479) for The Mount Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood as PHRONTIS.
30.3.1911: Registered at Fleetwood (FD142). George E. J. Moody, Grimsby appointed manager.
10.9.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.520).
16.3.1918: In Loch Eriboll at 5.30 am. in collision with VULTURE II (Ad.No.310) (H470) which foundered. All crew saved and brought in to Long Hope Bay.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
1926: Sir George E. J. Moody, Grimsby appointed manager.
1934: W. M. Kelly appointed manager.
13.10.1935: Sailed Fleetwood for West of Scotland grounds (Sk. E. Westhead).
19.10.1935: In heavy seas, Robert Turner (40), Mate and James Damerell (45), deckhand were washed overboard and drowned.
28.5.1940: Requisitioned for war service as an anti submarine trawler (P.No. 4.141) (Hire rate £72.0.0d/month). Based Liverpool.
1942: Belgian crew.
6.1943: Employed on miscellaneous naval duties (RN crew).
1.1946: Returned to owner (Will B. Moody, Grimsby, manager).
1955: Sold to Scrappingco S.r.l, Antwerp for breaking up.
18.10.1955: Arrived Boom for breaking.
1955: Fleetwood registry closed
Click to enlarge image
19/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
04/05/2017: Removed disputed image.