S.T. Sarrail FD373

Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow


Official Number: 139954
Yard Number: 531
Completed: 1917
Gross Tonnage: 255
Net Tonnage: 95
Length: 120.2 ft
Breadth: 22.5 ft
Depth: 12.1 ft
Engine: 500ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen


2.1917: Launched by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.531) for John Edward Rushworth, William Henry Bellamy, Joseph Davison, William Upham Carlile Westaby, all of Grimsby (64/64 joint owners) as SARRAIL.
12.7.1917: Registered at Grimsby (GY1071).
12.7.1917: John Edward Rushworth designated managing owner.
13.7.1917: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Barclays Bank Ltd, London (A). Requisitioned from the builders and fitted out as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.3050).
6.11.1917: Mortgage (A) discharged.
6.11.1917: Sold to The Yarborough Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
8.11.1917: John Edward Rushworth appointed manager.
8.11.1917: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Barclays Bank Ltd, London (B).
5.3.1918: Mortgage (B) discharged.
8.3.1918: Sold to The Great Northern Steamship Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Hull.
11.3.1918: William Richard Nowell appointed manager.
1.7.1918: Sailed Devonport for Falmouth.
6.7.1918: Sailed Falmouth escorting Convoy O.F.42 to Mediterranean.
21.8.1918: Grimsby registry closed.
22.8.1918: Registered at Hull (H730).
3.12.1818: Sold to Ernest Taylor, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager). Based Malta.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby.
4.1920: Sold to Arthur Jonckheere, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
3.5.1920: Hull registry closed.
7.5.1920: Registered at Fleetwood (FD373).
1925: Sold to Mrs Isabella Grant Skoyles, Pitfodell, Aberdeenshire (Harry A. Skoyles, manager).
23.1.1925: Fleetwood registry closed.
27.1.1925: Registered at Aberdeen (A77).
1926: Re-measured 242g 95n.
1926: Sold to Pesquera Vasco Gallega Soc. Ltda, Cadiz.
16.4.1926: Aberdeen registry closed.
1926: Registered at Vigo as AROSA.
1929: Sold to Archibald G. Brown, Granton (managing owner).
1930: Reverted to 254.87g 100.92n.
1930: Vigo registry closed. Registered at Granton as BILSDEAN (GN15).
28.2.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.503) (Hire rate £70.11.8d/month).
1944: Sold to Miss Jemima Porter, Aberdeen (James Porter, manager).
1.11.1945: Returned to owner.
1.11.1945: Granton registry closed.
1.11.1945: Registered at Aberdeen (A605).
1960: Sold to J. Cameron, Peterhead (not in Register).
17.10.1960: Resold to Jacques Bakker & Zonen, Bruges for breaking up.
27.10.1960: Delivered Bruges.
3.11.1960: Aberdeen registry closed.

04/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.