Official Number: 98716
Yard Number: 59
Gross Tonnage: 146.12
Net Tonnage: 50
Length: 100.5 ft
Breadth: 20.5 ft
Depth: 11.5 ft
Engine: 45nhp T.3-cyl and boiler by C. D. Holmes & Co, Hull
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull
1891: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull (Yd.No.59) for The Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Hull as TASMANIA.
17.1.1891: Registered at Hull (H122).
1.1891: Completed (Henry Toozes, manager).
21.11.1893: In the North Sea connected to the Swedish barque JOUEHELD disabled with main and mizzen masts carried away and crew member Carl Michelsen washed overboard and drowned. Delivered Hartlepool after a tow of twenty-one hours.
11.1912: Sold to James Herbert Marr, Fleetwood & The Active Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (James A. Robertson, manager).
18.11.1912: Hull registry closed.
19.11.1912: Registered at Fleetwood (FD171).
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 60.12 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
6.10.1916: Sold to Horace Edward Stroud & Sydney Morris Cannon, Aberdeen.
31.10.1916: Fleetwood registry closed.
3.11.1916: Registered at Aberdeen (A737). Horace E. Stroud designated managing owner.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
30.3.1918: Sold to James Johnson, Scarborough (trading as Scorpion Steam Trawling Co). James Johnson designated managing owner.
1918: Tasmania Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Scarborough registered as a private company with a capital of £9,000 in £1 shares to take over the “Scorpion Steam Trawling Co” including the steam trawler TASMANIA. Directors are J. Johnson, D. Chew, R. W. Crawford, R. M. Parker ad G. H. Cambridge, all Scarborough.
4.4.1919: Sold to Charles William Robinson, Redcar. Charles William Robinson designated managing owner.
1923: Sold for breaking up.
12.10.1923: Aberdeen registry closed “Vessel being broken up.”
Click to enlarge image
08/01/2009: Page published.
14/07/2014: Picture added.
20/01/2016: Information added.