S.T. Trinity N.B. FD324


Official Number: 131830
Yard Number: 555
Completed: 1914
Gross Tonnage: 203
Net Tonnage: 87
Length: 115.5 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 12.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen


27.8.1914: Launched by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.555) for David Dow & W. Carnie, Newhaven, Edinburgh as TRINITY N.B.
9.1914: Completed (Thomas Y. Carnie, Leith, manager).
17.9.1914: Registered at Granton (GN24).
12.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr, 1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.470). Based Granton.
1918: Sold to Ernest Taylor, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
1918: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
7.1919: Sold to Ernest Taylor & Noah Ashworth, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
15.7.1919: Granton registry closed.
18.7.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD324).
1919: Sold to Edward Ferry, Granton (managing owner).
1923: Sold to Archibald G. Brown, Granton.
1.3.1923: Fleetwood registry closed.
2.3.1923: Registered at Granton (GN95).
17.12.1939: Outward from Granton for Orkney fishing grounds (Sk. Daniel Young).
18.12.1939: When 17 miles NE of Rattray Head bombed and damaged by German air attack. Subsequently foundered; two crew lost, rest of crew picked up by Danish schooner START (131grt/1918) but one man died of exposure. Survivors landed in Egersund, Norway.
(Casualties. David Addison, Chief Engineer and William S. Murray, drowned. Robert Wright, cook, died of exposure.)

08/12/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.