Additional information courtesy of Milford Trawlers
Official Number: 139210
Yard Number: 633
Gross Tonnage: 275
Net Tonnage: 275
Length: 125.4 ft
Breadth: 23.4 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Southbank on Tees, 1917
Engine: 87nhp T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Boiler: Palmers Shipbuilding & Iron Co Ltd, Hebburn on Tyne
Speed: 10.5 knots
3.4.1916: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.633) for The “Wyre” Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as WIGAN.
5.5.1916: Registered at Fleetwood (FD241).
5.1916: Completed (Magnus B. J. Wedum, manager). Requisitioned from the builders for war service and fitted out as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.1997). Based Humber. 26.9.1916: Sold to The Palatine Steam Trawling Co Ltd. Magnus B. J. Wedum appointed manager.
1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
30.6.1928: Pursued by HMS SPEY when illegally trawling in the Firth of Clyde.
31.6.1928: In Campbeltown Sheriff Court, Sk. Nicholas Wright was fined £100 with forfeiture of the nets and gear for illegal trawling, £20 for concealment of identification marks and £50 for refusing to stop. For threatening Lt Woodriffe and Lt Aldridge with a gaff, George Grout, deckhand was fined £3 or 20 days imprisonment.
11.1931: Sold to Wyre Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Magnus B. J.Wedum appointed manager.
30.9.1932: Off Rathlin Island in heavy weather and gale, lost rudder. At 3.25 pm. steam trawler DAILY TELEGRAPH (GY367) connected and commenced tow to Fleetwood.
31.9.1932: Delivered Fleetwood.
1939: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull. Basil Arthur Parkes, Thornton-le-Fylde appointed manager.
4.2.1940: Requisitioned for war service and designated for minesweeping duties (Hire rate £77.18.4d/month).
20.2.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.1583).
1942: Dover Channel sweeping.
3.8.1945: Sold to Manor Steamship Co Ltd, Milford Haven (Reginald L. Hancock, manager).
10.1946: Fleetwood registry closed.
4.11.1946: Registered at Milford (M144).
3.1951: Sold to John Wood, Aberdeen (managing owner).
27.3.1951: Milford registry closed.
29.3.1951: Registered at Aberdeen (A677).
11.9.1953: Sold to The Leslie Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (John Wood, manager).
15.5.1959: Sold to Looker Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen.
1959: Sold to BISCO and allocated to James A. White & Co Ltd, St. David’s, Fife for breaking up.
21.5.1959: Arrived St. David’s from Aberdeen under own power.
3.9.1959: Aberdeen registry closed “Vessel broken up.”
Click to enlarge image
26/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.
25/05/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from images.