Official Number: 180326
Yard Number: 755
Gross Tonnage: 361
Net Tonnage: 139
Length: 136 ft
Breadth: 25.2 ft
Depth: 13.2 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Engine: 600ihp T.3-cyl by Charles D Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Speed: 11.7 knots
18.5.1945: Laid down.
22.9.1945: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gems Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.755) for Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood as ABY.
26.11.1945: Registered at Fleetwood (FD138). Fred Parkes, Blackpool designated manager.
12.1945: First landing at Fleetwood, 700kits from a 16 day Faroe trip (Sk. Bob Wright).
7.10.1946: Sold to Seddon Fishing Co Ltd, London & Fleetwood. Borys Kilaczycki, London designated manager.
14.2.1949: Sold to Neale & West Ltd, Cardiff.
14.2.1949: Fleetwood registry closed.
1949: Registered at Cardiff as CHAFFCOMBE (CF18).
5.1956: Neale & West Ltd closed their Cardiff base citing high coal prices, unruly crews and Spanish over-fishing; vessels for sale.
5.1956: Five vessels bought en bloc by Fred Parkes, Blackpool – AKITA (CF4), CHAFFCOMBE (CF18), OKU (CF3), SASEBO (CF27) and St. BOTOLPH (CF8).
21.5.1956: Arrived Fleetwood.
6.1956: Sold to The Don Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen.
6.1956: Cardiff registry closed.
20.6.1956: Registered at Fleetwood (FD30). Fred Parkes, Blackpool designated manager.
12.1956: Converted for burning oil fuel, F.P. above 150° F.
1.1957: Registered at Fleetwood as BOSTON GANNET (FD30). Basil Arthur Parkes designated manager.
By 12.1961: Laid up at Fleetwood along with SUPERNAL (H414) and St. BOTOLPH (FD31).
19.11.1962: Sailed Fleetwood for Home Water grounds (Sk. S. Roberson); fifteen crew.
6.12.1962: Experienced machinery problems and put into Oban for repairs. On berthing struck quay causing considerable damage over about 20yds and setting in bow plates.
7.12.1962: On completion of repairs, sailed Oban to resume fishing. After landing at Fleetwood returned to lay up.
20.3.1963: Removed to Glasson Dock and laid up.
10.1963: Sold to West of Scotland Shipbreaking Co Ltd, Troon for breaking up.
6.10.1963: Arrived Troon.
8.10.1963: Breaking commenced.
18.10.1963: First beaching.
31.1.1964: First rebirthing.
15.4.1964: Second rebirthing.
20.5.1964: Breaking up completed. Fleetwood registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
26/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
13/01/2017: Removed disputed image.
06/07/2020: Updated information.
22/07/2020: Further information update.
22/07/2020: Image added.