s.v. May Flower FD8

Additional information courtesy of Geoff Davidson

Technical

Official Number: 15210
Completed: 1852
Net Tonnage: 35
Rig: Smack – trawling
Built: Gibbs, Galhampton

History

1852: Completed by Gibbs, Galhampton as MAY FLOWER. Registered at Dartmouth (DH225)?
1.1.1870: Owned by Thomas Whiteway, Brixham.
1.1.1875: Owned by Mrs Elizabeth Whiteway, 9 Rockingham Road, Kirkdale, Liverpool.
1885: Sold to ??, Ramsey, IoM.
1885: Registered at Ramsey(RY??).
2.1886: Remeasured 32reg tons.
1886: Re-registered at Ramsey (RY??) after vessel remeasured.
11.1887: Sold to Charles H. Saunby, Fleetwood.
17.11.1887: Ramsey registry closed.
1887: Registered at Fleetwood (FD8).
21.1.1893: Sold to ??, Fleetwood.
31.7.1893: Advertised for hire, by day or week; accommodation for eight persons; fishing gear found.
21-22.12.1894: After a day of severe weather, in the early evening the NW wind strengthened and during the night in storm force conditions (100 – 120mph) foundered in the vicinity of Shell Wharf. Wreckage found at Norbreck.
1894: Fleetwood registry closed.
28.6.1895: Body of James Ball recovered at St. Anne’s-on-the-Sea.

Lost* – Skipper John Roskell, Robert Roskell. ? Leadbetter and James Ball.

Changelog
22/02/2009: Page published.
11/12/2014: Crew information added.
28/12/2014: Added Thomas Whiteway as owner.
30/12/2015: Information updated.
07/07/2017: Information updated.