Official Number: 20270
Net Tonnage: 53
Length: 66.4 ft
Breadth: 16.4 ft
Depth: 10.2 ft
Built: ??, Littlehampton
1857: Completed by ??, Littlehampton as ELIZA CHARLOTTE. Registered at Hull (H??).
11.1869: Hull registry closed. Registered at Grimsby (GY266).
1.1.1870: Owned by George Goodwin, Kingston-upon- Hull.
1.1.1883: Owned by Walker Moody, Cleethorpes (J. Steer, skipper).
8.1887: Sold to Charles H. Saunby, 21 Albert Street, Fleetwood. Registered at Fleetwood (FD17). Coasting?
1900: Fleetwood registry closed.
25/02/2011: Page published. 2 updates since then.
Official Number: 51224
Gross Tonnage: 58
Net Tonnage: 52
Length: 66.1 ft
Breadth: 17.2 ft
Depth: 9.4 ft
Rig: Ketch – trawling
Built: ??, Rye
1864: Completed by ??, Rye for John Lewis Potter, Kingston-upon-Hull, as VIVID.
1865: Registered at Hull.
4.1874: Sold to H. Smethurst Jnr, Grimsby.
4.1874: Hull registry closed. Registered at Grimsby (GY460).
1.1.1875: Owned by Henry George, Gt. Yarmouth.
1.1.1880: Owned by The Grimsby Smack Co Ltd, Grimsby.
1.1.1883: Owned by Charles R. Taylor, 230 Heneage Street, West Clee, Lincolnshire.
12.1886: Sold to W. Kennington, Grimsby.
2.1889: Sold to C. M. Mundahl, Grimsby.
6.1889: Sold to Charles H. Saunby, Fish Market, Fleetwood (managing owner).
6.1889: Grimsby registry closed.
6.1889: Registered at Fleetwood (FD57).
18.2.1892: Sold to James Jackson, Fleetwood.
8.12.1895 (?): Fleetwood registry closed “No longer fishing”. Employed as a trading ketch.
1.1.1899: Not listed in MNL.
24/02/2009: Page published. 2 updates since then.
22/02/2015: Information updated.
Additional information courtesy of Geoff Davidson
Official Number: 15210
Net Tonnage: 35
Rig: Smack – trawling
Built: Gibbs, Galhampton
1852: Completed by Gibbs, Galhampton as MAY FLOWER. Registered at Dartmouth (DH225)?
1.1.1870: Owned by Thomas Whiteway, Brixham.
1.1.1875: Owned by Mrs Elizabeth Whiteway, 9 Rockingham Road, Kirkdale, Liverpool.
1885: Sold to ??, Ramsey, IoM.
1885: Registered at Ramsey(RY??).
2.1886: Remeasured 32reg tons.
1886: Re-registered at Ramsey (RY??) after vessel remeasured.
11.1887: Sold to Charles H. Saunby, Fleetwood.
17.11.1887: Ramsey registry closed.
1887: Registered at Fleetwood (FD8).
21.1.1893: Sold to ??, Fleetwood.
31.7.1893: Advertised for hire, by day or week; accommodation for eight persons; fishing gear found.
21-22.12.1894: After a day of severe weather, in the early evening the NW wind strengthened and during the night in storm force conditions (100 – 120mph) foundered in the vicinity of Shell Wharf. Wreckage found at Norbreck.
1894: Fleetwood registry closed.
28.6.1895: Body of James Ball recovered at St. Anne’s-on-the-Sea.
Lost* – Skipper John Roskell, Robert Roskell. ? Leadbetter and James Ball.
22/02/2009: Page published.
11/12/2014: Crew information added.
28/12/2014: Added Thomas Whiteway as owner.
30/12/2015: Information updated.
07/07/2017: Information updated.
Additional material by Ian Wilson
Official Number: 29810
Gross Tonnage: 49
Net Tonnage: 49
Depth: 8.5 feet
Built: Smith & Stephenson, Grimsby
11.1861: Completed by Smith & Stephenson, Grimsby for Robert Roberts, 12 Worsley Buildings, Grimsby (R. Turner, skipper). Registered at Grimsby (GY98).
3.1869: Re-registered at Grimsby (GY72).
11.1883: Sold to Joseph E. Horne, 20 Stanley Street, New Clee (P. Carter, skipper).
3.1888: Sold to F. W. Moody, Grimsby (G. Beacher, skipper).
10.1988: Sold to Charles H. Saunby, 32 Victoria Street, Fleetwood (managing owner). Grimsby registry closed. Registered on the Shipping Register at Fleetwood (FD45). Employed as a trading ketch.
1.1.1892: Owned by John D. Gibson, Fleetwood (managing owner).
1894: Sold to Mrs Mary J. Conley, Belfast.
1.1.1895: Owned by Alexander Hull, 34 Nelson Street, Belfast (managing owner).
6.1899: Wrecked Bunbeg River, Co. Donegal (J. Bailie, Master) having loaded bog ore at Bunbeg for Port Dundas. Master and two crew rescued.
1899: Fleetwood registry closed.
18/02/2009: Page published. 6 revisions since then.
20/10/2014: PLN added.