Official Number: 9891
Gross Tonnage: 41
Net Tonnage: 25
Length: 64.9 ft
Breadth: 15.9 ft
Depth: 8.7 ft:
Rig: Cutter – trawling
Built: ??, Gosport
1844: Completed by ??, Gosport as OSPREY for John Berney Petre Esq, Warwick House, Westwick, Norfolk as a yacht.
1844: Registered at Portsmouth. In his will he had bequeathed the yacht to his good friend and one of his executors, Colonel James Duff, who unfortunately predeceased him.
1885: A Codicil in the Will designated his niece, Lady Mary Duff (Dawkins) Petre as the new owner.
1886: Sold to Penry Lloyd, Glanhenwyn, Glasbury, Radnorshire.
1889: Sold to George Ormerod, Southport.
1889: Sold to Charles W. Pater, 21 Victoria Street, Fleetwood.
8.3.1889: Registered at Fleetwood (FD52).
7.11.1890: In Force 8 NW gale returning to Fleetwood (Sk. James Fogg), observed the Wigtown owned schooner JEAN CAMPBELL (3169) (56n/1844) being driven towards the beach at Norbreck and in distress. With difficulty closed wreck and launched the boat manned by George Wilkinson, James Abram and George Greenall. On reaching the schooner, by now pounding in the surf, took onboard the three crew
members. Returning and when almost alongside boat was swamped and all thrown into water. The only survivor was George Wilkinson. Subsequently James Fogg and George Wilkinson awarded the RNLI Silver Medal for gallantry in attempting to save the crew of the JEAN CAMPBELL. A memorial in the form of a drinking fountain was set up in Euston Park.
16.10.1900: Sold to Richard Ashcroft & James William Fogg, Fleetwood.
21.3.1906: Sold to Richard Ashcroft, London Street, Fleetwood.
1914: Sold for demolition.
2.2.1914: Fleetwood registry closed.
23/02/2009: Page published.
08/01/2015: Information updated.