Tag Archives: James William Fogg

s.v. Osprey FD52

Technical

Official Number: 9891
Completed: 1844
Gross Tonnage: 41
Net Tonnage: 25
Length: 64.9 ft
Breadth: 15.9 ft
Depth: 8.7 ft:
Rig: Cutter – trawling
Built: ??, Gosport

History

1844: Completed by ??, Gosport as OSPREY for John Berney Petre Esq, Warwick House, Westwick, Norfolk as a yacht.
1844: Registered at Portsmouth. In his will he had bequeathed the yacht to his good friend and one of his executors, Colonel James Duff, who unfortunately predeceased him.
1885: A Codicil in the Will designated his niece, Lady Mary Duff (Dawkins) Petre as the new owner.
1886: Sold to Penry Lloyd, Glanhenwyn, Glasbury, Radnorshire.
1889: Sold to George Ormerod, Southport.
1889: Sold to Charles W. Pater, 21 Victoria Street, Fleetwood.
8.3.1889: Registered at Fleetwood (FD52).
7.11.1890: In Force 8 NW gale returning to Fleetwood (Sk. James Fogg), observed the Wigtown owned schooner JEAN CAMPBELL (3169) (56n/1844) being driven towards the beach at Norbreck and in distress. With difficulty closed wreck and launched the boat manned by George Wilkinson, James Abram and George Greenall. On reaching the schooner, by now pounding in the surf, took onboard the three crew
members. Returning and when almost alongside boat was swamped and all thrown into water. The only survivor was George Wilkinson. Subsequently James Fogg and George Wilkinson awarded the RNLI Silver Medal for gallantry in attempting to save the crew of the JEAN CAMPBELL. A memorial in the form of a drinking fountain was set up in Euston Park.
16.10.1900: Sold to Richard Ashcroft & James William Fogg, Fleetwood.
21.3.1906: Sold to Richard Ashcroft, London Street, Fleetwood.
1914: Sold for demolition.
2.2.1914: Fleetwood registry closed.

Changelog
23/02/2009: Page published.
08/01/2015: Information updated.

sv Moss Rose FD123

Additional material by Ian Wilson

Technical

Official Number: 95716
Completed: 1889
Gross Tonnage: 51
Net Tonnage: 51
Length: 67.3 ft
Breadth: 18.5 ft
Depth: 8.75 ft
Rig: Dandy
Built: Page & Co, Lowestoft

History

Dandy – trawling

1889: Completed by Page & Co, Lowestoft for William J. Davis, 13 Haward Street, Lowestoft as MOSS ROSE.
29.10.1889: Registered at Lowestoft (LT278).
1908: Owned by Mrs Florence E. Fuller, Lowestoft (Sydney C. Fuller, 104 Bevan St, Lowestoft, manager).
1909: Sold to Sydney C. Fuller, The Prairie, Lowestoft.
27.6.1910: Sold to James William Fogg, Fleetwood (Richard Ashcroft, Blakiston St, manager).
20.8.1910: Lowestoft registry closed.
22.8.1910: Registered at Fleetwood (FD123).
5.9.1912: Tonnage altered to 24.92net. New Fishing Certificate issued.
9.9.1918: Sold to Edwin Hugh Ashcroft, John Bagot Ashcroft and Richard Bagot Ashcroft, Fleetwood.
11.2.1920: Sold to Walter Daniel Cowman and William Cowman, Whitehaven.
16.8.1920: Sold to William Mahood, Portavorgie, Co. Down.
17.1.1921: Sold to William & Robert Mahood, Portavorgie, Co. Down.
1927: Sold to William A. Glenn, The Shore, Portavogie and William & Robert Mahood, Portavorgie, Co. Down (William Glenn managing owner).
23.3.1927: Fleetwood registry closed “Ceased fishing”. Transferred to Belfast.
24.3.1927: Registered on the Shipping Register at Belfast.
7.1934: Auxiliary motor installed. Re measured 51g 35n
16.7.1934: Re registered as auxiliary motor. FATE.

Changelog
22/02/2009: Page published. 2 updates since then.