S.D/T. Rose Hilda YH73 (Seasonal)
Copyright 2010 Barry Banham for FMHT.
Official Number: 161631
Yard Number: 325
Gross Tonnage: 116
Net Tonnage: 50
Length: 92.3 ft
Breadth: 20.1 ft
Depth: 9.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by F. W. Carver & Co , Gt. Yarmouth
Boiler: Riley Bros (Boilermakers) Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees
Built: Fellows & Co Ltd, Gt Yarmouth
1929: Laid down by Fellows & Co Ltd, Great Yarmouth (Yd.No.325) on spec. 1929: Sold to W. J. E. Green, Great Yarmouth. Launched as ROSE HILDA.
16.1.1930: Completed (William J. Epsom, manager).
26.2.1930: Registered at Yarmouth (YH73).
1930s: Seasonal white fish trawling from Milford and Fleetwood (Sir Alec Black/Lowestoft Fish Selling Co Ltd, Lowestoft, managing agent).
21.10.1937: At Yarmouth landed 200 crans of herring caught 45 miles from Newarp Light Vessel.
31.8.1939: Requisitioned for war service on examining service (Hire rate £65.7.10d/month).
4.9.1939: Stood down role to be determined.
2.10.1939: Converted to a minesweeping drifter (P.No.FY.740).
4.1943: Employed on miscellaneous Naval duties.
4.1946: Returned to owner.
30.10.1947: At Yarmouth landed 228 crans.
1950s: Seasonal white fish trawling from Fleetwood.
5.7.1954: Sold to Frederick E. Catchpole, Lowestoft (managing owner).
7.1954: Yarmouth registry closed.
22.7.1954: Registered at Lowestoft (LT90).
12.1954: Converted by L.B.S. Engineering Co Ltd, Lowestoft fitted with a 6-cyl 2 stroke 440bhp oil engine by Crossley Bros Ltd, Manchester.
12.1954: On completion of conversion to diesel propulsion registered at Lowestoft as DAWN WATERS (LT90).
13.12.1954: Registered at Lowestoft as a motor trawler (LT90).
8.10.1955: At Lowestoft landed 190 crans.
18.11.1960: Sold to Gilbert & Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Frederick E. Catchpole, manager).
12.1961: Transferred to Milford (William H. Kerr, appointed manager).
2.2.1962: Sold to Norrard Trawlers Ltd, Milford Haven (Allan G. Packham, manager).
8.1966: Laid up at Milford.
5.5.1969: Towed motor trawler CATHERINE SHAUN (FD201) from Fleetwood to Castle Pill, Milford Haven for breaking up.
1974: Sold to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield and allocated to Castle Pill yard, Milford Haven for breaking up.
3.12.1974: Lowestoft registry closed.
Click to enlarge images