Admiralty Number: 4167
Official Number: 139889
Yard Number: 101
Gross Tonnage: 95
Net Tonnage: 41
Length: 86.0 ft
Breadth: 18.5 ft
Depth: 8.8 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Pollit & Wigzell Ltd, Sowerby Bridge
Boiler: A. Dodman & Co Ltd, King’s Lynn
Built: Colby Brothers Ltd, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft
1919: Launched by Colby Brothers Ltd, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft (Yd.No.101) (“Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as GULF STREAM (Ad.No.4167).
10.9.1919: Completed as a fishing vessel.
24.8.1919: Transferred to Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries, London and placed on sales list.
3.10.1919: Registered at Lowestoft (LT601).
8.1920: Sold to James Ballard R. L. Dawson, North Shields (Robert Bogle, manager).
25.8.1920: Registered at North Shields (SN42).
31.12.1920: Lowestoft registry closed.
22.1.1921: Sold to R. L. Dawson, North Shields (managing owner).
1921: Sold to John H. Sheldon, Plymouth (George Williams & John Pease, Plymouth, managers) for non fishing purposes.
20.9.1924: North Shields registry closed “Vessel no longer fishing”.
1924: Sold to Joseph D. Irvin & T. T. Irvin, North Shields (Joseph D. Irvin, managing owner).
19.12.1924: Registered at North Shields (SN21).
9.2.1925: Registered at North Shields as JENNY IRVIN (SN21).
1931: Sold to R. Irvin & Sons Ltd, North Shields (Sir John H. Irvin KCB, manager).
29.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.980) (Hire rate £32.16.0d/month). Fitted with LL sweep, based at Dundee.
1.12.1943: Transferred to Ministry of Aircraft Production (MoAP).
12.1943: Sold to Wellvale Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager).
17.4.1945: McCandless & Piggot Ltd, appointed manager for MoAP.
1946: Returned to owner.
1946: Sold to Government of Poland, Warsaw (Ministry of Industry & Commerce) (“Dalmor” Przedsiobiorstwo Polowow DalekomorskichSp.z.ogr.odp, Gdynia, managers) under the UNRRA scheme. North Shields registry closed. Registered at Gdynia as EUSTACHIUSZ (GDY112).
1947-1948: Trawling from Gt. Yarmouth, then laid up until sold.
1.6.1949: Sold to Arthur Walter Eastoe, Ronald Clifford Cook & Richard Henry Colby, Lowestoft and John Odde, East Molesey. Gdynia registry closed.
3.6.1949: Registered at Lowestoft as JENNY IRVIN (LT57).
1955: Sold to Belgium for breaking up.
3.3.1955: Sailed Lowestoft for Antwerp.
16.3.1955: Lowestoft registry closed.
16/10/2010: Page published. 2 updates since then.