Admiralty Number: 4247
Official Number: 139360
Yard Number: 890
Gross Tonnage: 324
Net Tonnage: 148
Length: 138.3 ft
Breadth: 23.7 ft
Depth: 12.7 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby
14.6.1919: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.890) (“Mersey” Class) for The Admiralty as THOMAS MALONEY (Ad.No.4247).
10.1919: Elecrical installation by Humber Electrical Co Ltd. Hull (£405 plus cost of drilling).
10.1919: Sold to Thomas Hamling & Co Ltd, Hull.
11.1919: Completed as a fishing trawler (Harold Hall, manager). Total cost with electric lights – £18,500 (payment made 23.10.1919).
15.11.1919: Registered at Hull as St NEOTS (H112).
8.11.1927: Sold to Henry Croft Baker, Grimsby.
26.5.1928: Sold to H. Croft Baker & Sons Ltd, Grimsby (H. Croft Baker, manager).
26.4.1930: Sold to The Strand Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Sydney Croft Baker, manager).
1.5.1930: In dense fog 20 miles SE of Girdleness in collision with Aberdeen trawler BEN LAWERS (A311) which foundered in three minutes. All nine crew taken aboard and landed at Aberdeen.
2.12.1931: Mortgaged to National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (A).
9.11.1932: Skipper fined 3,000 kroner (£166) with confiscation dues of 5,000 kroner and forfeiture of gear and catch for fishing in Norwegian territorial waters.
19.4.1934: Mortgage (A) discharged.
6.4.1934: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, manager).
27.4.1934: Mortgaged to Midland Bank Ltd, London (B).
7.2.1936: Mortgage (B) discharged.
6.1937: Sold to Towarzystwo Dalekomorskich Polowow “Pomorze” Sp.z.o.o., Gdynia.
29.7.1937: Hull registry closed “Sold Polish for trading”.
1937: Renamed ADAM (GDY94).
9.1939: Sold to Adam Steam Fishing Co Ltd, London (Basil A. Parkes, Cleveleys, manager).
3.11.1939: Registered at Fleetwood (FD65).
16.11.1939: Mortgaged to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood (£512) (C).
19.11.1939: Mortgaged to John Odde, East Molesey (£6k) (D).
12.1939: On a trip to the Faroe Island grounds, bombed and machine gunned by German seaplanes. No damage; crew of twelve from Hull.
12.2.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.1618) (Hire rate £101.5.0d/month).
16.4.1943: Mortgage (C) discharged.
31.5.1943: Mortgage (D) discharged.
31.5.1943: Sold to Mrs Wincenty Bartosiak, Gdynia, Poland.
1.6.1943: Fleetwood registry closed. Renamed PODLASIE.
4. – 6.1944: Minesweeping in Dover Straits (A/Lt.Cdr. Charles Delphin-Abbott, awarded DSC for skill and daring in successful minesweeping operations).
14.7.1944: Returned to owner after restoration at Fleetwood. Registered at Gdynia (GDY154).
4.8.1944: First landing at Fleetwood (Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, managers).
3.1946: Repairs at Ghent. Then fishing from IJmuiden with Dutch crews until end of year.
12.1946: Returned to Poland.
5.1948: Sold to “Lawica” Rybolowstwo Dalekomorskiie i Zegluga Sp.z.o.o., Gdynia (“Lawica” Deep-Sea Fishing & Shipping Ltd)(Kazimierza Orthweina, Wincenty Bartosiak & others). Re-registered at Gdynia (GDY124).
16.12.1949: By Order of the Ministry of Navigation the holding company and assets to be placed under control of the Polish People’s Republic. Zbigniew Kollesinskiego appointed manager.
1950: Company and assets transferred to “Dalmor” Przedsiobiorstwo Polowow Dalekomorskich Sp.z.ogr.odp, Gdynia (Polish Government).
1951: Sold to “Lawica” Rybolowstwo Dalekom S.A., Gdynia.
7.1951: Re classed and registered at Gdynia (GDY213).
4.1962: Sold for breaking up at Gdansk.
(Thomas Maloney, Landsman (volunteer), age 25, b. Connaught, Ireland – VICTORY (SB139))
Click to enlarge image
14/05/2012: Page published. 4 updates since then.
11/08/2017: Picture added.