Official Number: 161474
Yard Number: 929
Gross Tonnage: 338
Net Tonnage: 127
Length: 133.7 ft
Breadth: 25.0 ft
Depth: 13.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Middlesbrough
Boiler: Blair & Co Ltd, Stockton
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees
11.6.1930: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees (Yd.No.929) for the Iago Steam Trawler Co Ltd, London & Fleetwood as ADMIRAL SIR JOHN LAWFORD.
24.7.1930: Registered at London (LO42).
8.1930: Completed (Edward D. W. Lawford, manager). Fitted with radio telephone.
31.1.1939: Inwards from the fishing grounds in Wyre Channel collided with steam trawler GEORGE COUSINS (LO66).
29.8.1939: Requisitioned for war service on examination service and as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (P.No.FY.533) (Hire rate £167.11.10d/month).
26.1.1943: A/Capt Edward Douglas Wyndham Lawford RN awarded DSO for service in HMS POZARICA (P.No.4.261) A/A ship on Russian convoys.
1.1944: Fitted out for wreck dispersal duties (P.No. 4.415) and assigned to Operation Neptune – Normandy Landings; in readiness at Penarth.
11.6.1944: Sailed Plymouth for Normandy. Employed on wreck dispersal and anchor recovery work.
3.7.1944: Operation Neptune ended.
12.1.1946: Returned to owner.
11.1946: Converted for burning oil fuel, F.P. above 150°.
12.8.1958: Sold to Milford Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Milford Haven (Ernest Johnson, manager).
21.8.1958: Registered at Milford (M224).
6.9.1958: Registered at Milford as MILFORD ADMIRAL (M224).
19.10.1961: Milford Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Milford Haven (W. H. Kerr, managers) in liquidation.
12.1961: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up.
8.1.1962: Delivered Briton Ferry.
26.7.1962: Milford registry closed, breaking up completed.
Click to enlarge images
19/05/2012: Page published. 4 revisions since then.
24/08/2014: Picture added.
10/08/2016: Picture added.
13/01/2017: Removed three disputed images.
19/11/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.
20/06/2019: Minor information update.