S.T. Anida FD229

Technical

Official Number: 139220
Yard Number: 280
Completed: 1917
Gross Tonnage: 270
Net Tonnage: 105
Length: 128.8 ft
Breadth: 23.0 ft
Depth: 12.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by W. Beardmore & Co Ltd, Glasgow
Built: Dundee Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Dundee

History

9.1917: Completed by Dundee Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Dundee (Yd.No.280) for J. Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood (James A. Robertson, manager) as ANIDA.
28.9.1917: Registered at Fleetwood (FD299). Requisitioned by The Admiralty from the builders and fitted out as an anti submarine trawler (1-12pdr and hydrophone) (Ad.No.3059). Based Aegean Sea.
5.12.1918: Re-registered at Fleetwood (FD299).
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
15.10.1924: Sailed Fleetwood for West Coast of Scotland grounds (Sk.John Robson); twelve crew.
28.10.1924: Homeward stranded on Frenchman’s Rock, Portnahaven, Rinns of Islay; nine men lost*.
26.11.1924: Fleetwood registry closed.

(*Lost. Sk. John Robson; Henry Clarke, Bosun, Patrick Nolan, William Slater and Charles Davison, deckhands; Henry Morrice, cook; George Southern, Chief engineer; John Robinson and Henry Walsh, firemen. Survivors. Charles Hughan, Mate; Philip Rodgers, 2nd engineer and Robert Taylor, apprentice.)

Changelog
14/05/2012: Page published. 7 updates since then.