Official Number: 148218
Yard Number: 271
Gross Tonnage: 271
Net Tonnage: 106
Length: 125.7 ft
Breadth: 23.5 ft
Depth: 12.7 ft
Engine: 480ihp T.3-cyl by Government of Canada, Sorel, Quebec
Built: Government of Canada, Sorel, Quebec
1.1917: Ordered. 1917: Launched by Government of Canada, Sorel, Quebec (Yd.No.271) (Canadian “Castle” – “T.R.” class) for the The Admiralty (paid for and built under direction of RCN) as TR.32.
16.5.1918: Completed and commissioned in the Royal Canadian Navy (1-12pdr).
22.1.1919: Paid off and laid up.
1920: Accepted offer of Rose Street Foundry & Engineering Co Ltd, Inverness (Captain D. J. Munro as agent) to bring drifters with trawlers as escorts to UK for lay-up in Muirtown Basin, Caledonian Canal, Inverness prior to sale and possible refit for classification as steam trawlers (The Rose Street Foundry & Engineering Co Ltd letter dated 12 April 1920).
1921: Brought over at The Admiralty’s expense.
1.1926: Still laid up.
2.1926: Rejected offer for all remaining trawlers at £2,000 each (B. Allenby, Aberdeen letter dated 10 Feb 1926).
1926: Sold “as is” to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Grimsby (Basil A. Parkes, Blackpool, manager).
14.7.1926: Registered at Fleetwood as AUTHORPE (FD91) (at Grimsby).
5/6/7.1933: Chartered for by Italian Government to provide support for a trans Atlantic flight involving 20 to 30 aeroplanes.
6.4.1935: Arrived Fleetwood on evening tide towing WELLVALE (FD140F) which sustained crank shaft damage on the fishing grounds.
1938: Sold to Enterprise Jean Negri & Fils, Marseilles.
3.6.1938: Fleetwood registry closed.
1938: Sold to Marseille Maritime, Marseilles. Registered Panama.
1938: Chartered to Spanish Government, Madrid during Spanish Civil War.
6.1.1939: Alongside at Alicante, attacked by mistake by Nationalist aircraft and sunk.
12.10.1939: Salvaged, repaired. Renamed CASTILLO A.
16.4.1942: Commissioned in Spanish Navy as a tug (1-76/50 Vickers Mk.TR). Renamed RR18.
6.7.1944: Reclassified as a patrol escort trawler. Renamed ALHUCEMAS.
3.1954: Stricken from Spanish Navy.
Click to enlarge image
26/04/14: Information updated