Admiralty Number: 3794
Official Number: 143896
Yard Number: 343A
As built: 360disp
Gross Tonnage: 278 (299)
Net Tonnage: 77
Length: 125.6 ft
Breadth: 23.6 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Built: Ailsa Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Troon
Engine: 480ihp T.3-cyl by Fawcett, Preston & Co Ltd, Liverpool.
Boiler: David Rowan & Co Ltd, Glasgow
9.10.1918: Launched by Ailsa Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Troon (Yd.No.343A) (“Castle” class) for The Admiralty as JOHN GEOGHAN (Ad.No.3794).
25.11.1918: Completed (1-12pdr).
28.11.1919: Registered by The Admiralty at London (Part I) O.N.143896.
1919: Allocated to the Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries and engaged in commercial trawling.
1920: Allocated to the Government scheme for the setting up of the Minesweepers’ Cooperative Trawling Society Ltd, London.
28.01.1920: Registered at London (Part IV) (LO267).
13.08.1920: Minesweepers’ Cooperative Trawling Society Ltd, London registered.
11.1920: At HM Dockyard, Chatham completed fitting out for fishing under Special Survey of Lloyd’s Register and classed 100 A1 Stm Trawler at London.
4.1921: Paid off at The Nore.
Laid up. 1924: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Grimsby.
1924: Remeasured 109n.
14.11.1924: London registry closed.
21.11.1924: Registered at Fleetwood as MININGSBY (FD25). Fred Parkes, Wyberton, Boston designated manager.
1926: Transferred to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Fred Parkes, Blackpool designated manager.
2.7.1928: Landed 256 boxes.
1928: Sold to Zunequin & Cie, Boulogne.
1928: Remeasured 299g 77n.
8.8.1928: Fleetwood registry closed.
8.1928: Renamed CONGRÉ. Registered at Boulogne.
5.1934: Sold to Pecheries de la Morinie, Boulogne. P. Fisheux, manager.
1940: Escaped from France.
4.1940: Hired by The Admiralty as a minesweeper (magnetic) (P.No.FY.1919).
7.1943: Employed on miscellaneous naval duties.
1944: Fitted out as a fuelling trawler (33ton tank for refuelling diesel landing craft). Assigned Operation Neptune – Normandy landings.
23.5.1944: Assigned as a fuelling trawler to Force G.
3.7.1944: Operation Neptune ended.
3.1952: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood.
3.1952: Remeasured 283.96g 107.75n.
1952: Registered at Fleetwood as BOSTON WAYFARER (FD110). Basil Arthur Parkes, Hessle, designated manager.
1955: Sold to Milford Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Milford Haven. Daniel C. Bruton, St. Ishmaels designated manager.
19.4.1955: Fleetwood registry closed.
23.4.1955: Registered at Milford as MILFORD CONSORT (M39).
1957: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Thos. W. Ward, Sheffield for breaking up.
22.3.1957: Arrived Castle Pill, Milford Haven. 13.4.1957: Milford registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
13/05/2012: Page published, five updates since then.
15/06/2021: Updated details.