Official Number: 136225
Yard Number: 168
Gross Tonnage: 227
Net Tonnage: 93
Length: 112.2 ft
Breadth: 22.6 ft
Depth: 12.5 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Built: Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co Ltd, Goole
1.1915: Completed by Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co Ltd, Goole (Yd.No.168) for Eastern Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as COMMANDER HOLBROOK
18.1.1915: Registered at Hull (H223) (Hugh G. Chapman, manager).
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
By 11.8.1917: Fitted 1-6pdr LA. 1919: Released (Hugh G. Chapman, manager).
1923: Owners restyled Eastern Fishing Co (1923) Ltd, Hull (Hugh G. Chapman, manager).
12.6.1940: Requisitioned for war service as an auxiliary patrol vessel (Hire rate £62.8.6d/month).
12.11.1941: In company with FRANCOLIN (Sk. Lieut. J. L. Dinwoodie RNR) which subsequently foundered after German bomb attack, shot down Dornier 17 (Chief Sk. A. S. V. Jones RNR).
3.1942: Fitted out as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.111).
1945: Reclassed at South Shields and returned to owner.
1947: Sold to Odafoam Ltd, Liverpool (William Stevenson, St. Anne’s-on-the-Sea, manager).
1947: Transferred to Fleetwood.
27.9.1949: One of five trawlers aground in the Wyre Channel in thick fog when outward for the fishing grounds. Refloated next tide and proceeded.
3.1950: Sold to Alexander Hay, Aberdeen. Registered at Aberdeen as EPHRATAH (A659).
1960: Sold to BISCO (£2610) and allocated to Shipbreaking Industries Ltd for breaking up at Charlestown, Fife (Contract No.90E).
22.11.1960: Delivered Charlestown from Aberdeen under own power.
28.3.1962: Breaking up commenced.
Click to enlarge image
20/05/2012: Page published. 7 updates since then.