Official Number: 161838
Yard Number: 268
Gross Tonnage: 243
Net Tonnage: 90
Length: 120.2 ft
Breadth: 22.0 ft
Depth: 12.0 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
10.2.1913: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.268) for Alfred T. Golder & Co, Ostend as MARTHE.
16.4.1913: Completed. Registered at Ostend (O43).
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve (with owners permission).
21.9.1917: At Swansea. Completed fitting of 6pdr gun.
1929: Sold to Pêcheries Nationales Belges S. A., Ostend.
4.1933: Sold to Thomas H. Scales, Leith (managing owner).
13.4.1933: On delivery voyage Ostend to Aberdeen (sic) arrived Lowestoft with boiler trouble.
15.4.1933: Completed boiler repairs and sailed for Leith.
5.1933: Ostend registry closed.
8.5.1933: Registered at Leith as CRAIG ISLAND (LH141).
1935: Company re-styled, T. H. Scales & Sons Ltd, Newhaven, Edinburgh.
27.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence vessel (P.No.Z157) (Rosyth/Granton & Inchkeith) as an ‘Inchkeith gate trawler’ (Hire rate £62.15.6d/month).
31.9.1942: Sold to J. Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood for £7250.
16.11.1945: Laid up.
8.3.1946: Sold to J. Cameron, Peterhead for breaking up.
6.5.1946: Breaking up commenced.
Click to enlarge image
20/05/2012: Page published. 5 updates since then.
03/03/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.